Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Which knife set for less than £100
  • geoffj

Had a look in tk max and now I am confused 🙁

help please!

woffle
    Free Member

Henckels or Wusthof IMO…

(not sure about the spelling).

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

i got £185 set from tk maxx for £25! cant remember the name off hand though. had them a year and they are still scarily sharp.

TooTall
    Free Member

2 x knives & 1 x sharpening steel. One chefs knife with about an 8" blade and a paring knife with a shorter blade. Unless you are doing your own butchering or fish filleting you don't need more than that – and a bread knife.

jahwomble
    Free Member

oh, the David Mellor (no relation) ones by the way

higgo
    Free Member

2 x knives & 1 x sharpening steel. One chefs knife with about an 8" blade and a paring knife with a shorter blade. Unless you are doing your own butchering or fish filleting you don't need more than that – and a bread knife.

And a pizza cutter.

doof_doof
    Free Member

I get the impression you're after a 'nice' knife block set of cheap n cheerful blades(?)

But If you want to step up to something decent, then forget the German/Western style knives and go Japanese.

For ~£100 you can get something like these:

[/url]

120mm petty and 180mm Santoku is all you need. My santoku cuts bread (and pizza) with rediculous ease. All the other kives we have have become redundant.

plumber
    Free Member

one knife is all you really need – get a good for that money

My only knife cost $225
    My brothers only knife cost $450

Both are superb though we both prefer mine – porche design BTW

Caher

Swiss Army knives are quite reasonably priced here

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Went to a decent shop (Abbey Cookshop in Sheffield) with the same question a while ago. Bloke basically wouldn't sell us a set. Would let us buy one but if we wanted advice…
    Got a selection of Mundial knives for specific things we actually do and chose them because they felt good to hold and use (went through tonnes of different veg in the shop with them).
    Don't buy anything you haven't actually held and used and £100 should get you three good knives to cover most eventualities rather than lots that you might not use.

(to get started anyway, would not claim to only have three decent knives anymore, they kind of accumulate, just added first cheap ceramic one just to see what it is actually like for instance…)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Which knife set for less than £100’ is closed to new replies.