Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • which kneepads?
  • DJTC
    Free Member

im tired of getting my knees battered, after a crash late last night at cannock iv decided i need to invest in some knee pads. but i need them to be comfortable to wear all day. was wondering which was best, looking at things like 661 kyle strait, race face dig,etc. any input would be appreciated.

DJTC
    Free Member

also would it be worth investing the extra money for a pair of evo’s?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

kyle straits are pretty good

thebunk

They all fit different! Try some on, buy the one’s that are comfy!

_tom_
    Free Member

Kyle Straits are fine if your all day consists of downhilling (possibly with an uplift), but I wouldn’t want to be climbing with them all day as they’re fairly thick with not much ventilation. Very comfy pads though, I like mine 🙂

tracknicko
    Free Member

unless you want decent protection, in which case NOT the kyle straights.

comfy, but poor protection.

DJTC
    Free Member

yeah i will be climbing, no uplifts for me! well few negative props for kyle straights so maybe will just have to try few different pairs on and see. any views on the 661 evo? more comfy? wort the dolla?

dan1980
    Free Member

I’ve recently got a pair of fox launch pro knee pads. They seem pretty comfy and well built.

I’ve not had an unplanned dismount yet though, so can’t vouch for their protective abilities.

Country_Gent
    Free Member

Got some TLD pads. They have taken a real beating over the past few years but are still very much in one piece.

The guys at Dirt Mag rate them really high and they know gnarly stuff when they see it……….or so I am led to believe!

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Kyle Straits ftw or FoxLaunch Pro which are almost identical

tracknicko
    Free Member

TLD SIGNIFICANTLY more protective than KS.

the ‘plastic’ in the knee cap of the KS’ is about as flexible as takeaway tupperware.

comfy. but ultimately shite. trust me.

wwaswas

I like my POC’s.

alex222
    Free Member

nick i thought you had banished stw from your office. yet here you are 🙂

tracknicko
    Free Member

bored while modelling.

actually i blame you cos i only came back on to see your 18 bikes abuse! and now im stuck!

DJTC
    Free Member

ouch, nice! im thinking maybe soe fox launch pads now, seem very popular all round

alex222
    Free Member

haha. i was tuck modelling until my computor crashed so i came home and had an omlette.

xcgb
    Free Member

Same as the OP for me I have just had delivery of sone TLD Tbones but i really cant see me riding uphill in them, i was told you hardly know your wearing them but i’m not convinced!

tracknicko
    Free Member

are you after knee protection?

or bare-legged comfort?

can’t have both IMO.

xcgb
    Free Member

Nicko yes but if they are not comfortable i just wont want to wear them, i’m gonna have to find somwhere near me that stocks a good range

Any one any ideas of places near guildford?

elaineanne
    Free Member

i have 661 and Race-Face dig…much prefur the Race-Face… they seem a snug fit…then agin i havent worn knee pads for some time this summer,,,ive been riding much longer rides lately in rediness for a recent challenge ive just completed and prefured not to ride the knee pads … (touches wood)- i havent fallen off in ages ! come winter time tho and they,ll be back on…(Race-Face)… 😉

Gotama
    Free Member

xcgb – Head For the Hills in dorking do 661, Pedal and Spoke in Peaslake do POC.

Gotama
    Free Member

And you could also pop in at Nirvana in Westcote on the way in between the two although i don’t know what they carry.

And for good measure there’s a cycle surgery in the Snow and Rock at Chertsey, think they stock Fox but could be wrong.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

yeah i will be climbing, no uplifts for me! well few negative props for kyle straights so maybe will just have to try few different pairs on and see. any views on the 661 evo? more comfy? wort the dolla?

Had the 661 Evo’s for a couple of years and really rate them. I’ve worn them on 6-7 hour rides with no problem as the’re not neoprene so not too hot and sweaty. Had some reasable offs in rocks and not hurt myself so reckon they do the job.

xcgb
    Free Member

Gotama

Cheers!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I have seen lots of good comments on these lightweight TLDs:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=59945

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘which kneepads?’ is closed to new replies.