• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by tiff.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • which KIDS crossbar mounted bike seat?
  • kayakboy
    Free Member

thought i’d swap from rear mounted seat to crossbar mounted for number two. anyone got one – which make ? pros / cons ?

anyone want to sell one?
    cheers
    paul

toys19
    Free Member

I have this leco seat. its about £20 googling may find it even cheaper. My 4 year old has been on it since she was 3, I dont bother with the back bar, wrapped racer bar tape on my bars for her to hold on and its ruddy excellent. She has been known to take over steering sometimes. You can just about see in the pic below.
    Mrs19 has the weeride kangaroo thing and the 2 year old loves that. Although its a bit wider and you have to ride knees out. They both prefer the front of the bike, better viewage and they feel in control.
    Other downside is restricted room to come forward off the saddle, so you have to get off the back of the bike or come off the side of the saddle (which is what I do at lights etc)

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

i had one i found on an old rusty bike in a hedge, great thing. i would never put a kid in a rear seat.

carlosg
    Free Member

We had a Weeride for our first , you get used to riding knees out and the kids get a great veiw of where they’re going rather than staring at your bum +it’s easier to talk to them too.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I had a front mounted full bucket seat – like the ones on the back in toys19 photos, but between bars and saddle. Found I couldn’t reach the bars without my boy having to bend his neck forward uncomfortably. Figured it probably needed a very large frame and a very tall rider to make room.

Got one of the Leco ones to try but not fitted it yet cos none of my bikes currently have suitable top tubes to fit it to.

sgn23
    Free Member

Id recommend the iBert Safe-t-seat. The kid’s legs stick out either side of the stem, which means more room for your knees, so you can cycle normally. Downsides are it’s only recommended up to 15Kg/110cm, which’ll be sometime between 3 and 4 years and it’s quite expensive new.
    We’ve had great fun with this seat.

igm

Weeride to start. LOCT when you take them to the Alps. (seriously)

transapp
    Free Member

Wee ride is good, will probably swap to a loct when she’s a bit older (14 months) seems to do the business nicely

toys19
    Free Member

Loct are no longer available.

igm

Though they were back on limited production – at least that’s what the website says.

Google LOCT if you’re looking for them.

toys19
    Free Member

Yeah its been saying that for the last 2 years or so, every time I call or email they say they havent made any since 2008. Been. after one for ages, but to be honest I’m dead happy with the leco at 20 quid.

kayakboy
    Free Member

thanks all!! plenty of great ideas – i’ll get googling
    paul

dti

Bobike is good – but you need a bike with a long top tube to avoid your knees banging – or ride like John Wayne.

tiff
    Free Member

I am so getting the little un one of those LOCT Seats, they look the mutts. I love how they can stand up when it’s get rough

I think he’ll prefer that much more than the rear seat we have, now just have to justify the cost and see if they will make me one

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘which KIDS crossbar mounted bike seat?’ is closed to new replies.