Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Which Joe Blow?
  • fathomer

I currently have the cheapest Joe Blow track pump, which is about 5 years old. It’s started blowing the air out of the schrader side when attached to a presta valve and replacing the available head parts hasn’t fixed it. A new head is about £16 so I may just replace the lot.

Question is which one to go for? It’ll be used for mtb and road tyres.

Northwind

In the finest stw tradition, none of ’em. They’re nicely made but not amazing performers- the Mountain is good but not for road.

I like my Air Towers, they’re cheap and nasty feeling but they work really, really well- shift tons of air but also will do 120psi, a great balance. Miles better than my old Joe Blow. But probably there are better options.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

yes, better options available.

I have the mountain but the valve drops a fair bit of air when putting on and off, my old SKS was much better.

fathomer

I assume when you say Air Tower you mean the Blackburn one?

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

I got a cheap as chips Airwave Storm. Here it’s great.

FuzzyWuzzy

As much as I like my several years old Air Tower 5 I wouldn’t really recommend as you need to replace the whole head every time the rubber seal wears too much to grip. I’ll be getting a Lezyne next time…

z1ppy

Having had my Joe Blow for something like 10 years, with occasional refurbs, I thinks there great but will seriously consider something more substantial when I come to replace it. It’s one of those over looked tools that you just rely on to work & will use for years and years with little or no maintenance (luckily no one trying to change valves standards ATM). I’m impressed with the lezyne metal floor pumps & they will be seriously considered when the time comes, as my JB is showing it’s age. There seriously quite expensive but if they last, that’s well worth the investment.

treaclesponge
    Free Member

Love my Lezyne, had it a few years and its been fine. Had to replace the gauge when I broke it and Lezyne sent me a replacement for free, also bought the 90 degree push on head adaptor and they are beautifully made things.

kcal

Had my Joe Blow Sport PX (or some such) double headed track pump; still going easily after 10-12 years, replaced some of the head valves and seals as well, or at least cleaned out the chamber, good as new..

fathomer

Thanks for the suggestions, I’ve gone for a Joe Blow Sprint @ £36 which I thought was pretty resonable.

bigblackshed

Seriously lads?

Silica Superpista. The last track pump you will ever buy.

End of thread.

njee20
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions I’ve ignored them totally and I’ve gone for a Joe Blow Sprint @ £36 which I thought was pretty resonable.

FTFY 😉

FWIW, I now use the basic Spesh Air Tool Sport (IIRC), find it lasts far longer than Joe Blows I used to use, in fact it’s what we used in the workshop at the LBS as they lasted so well.

fathomer

njee20 – Member
    FTFY 😉

Very true 😆

But with about 5 different suggestions in 10 posts I went with what I know, hopefully it’ll be ok.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Which Joe Blow?’ is closed to new replies.