Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Which is "THE" DX 900 lumen, 5 mode torch that everyones using?
  • pinches
    Free Member

I've been looking on DX tonight for a torch, and i can find about 5 different 5 mode 900 Lumen P7 torches!

I know this is a terribly repetative post but the search function isn't helping!

Sum
    Free Member

One of my mates uses this. Seems pretty good if a little heavy for helmet mounting.

woody2000

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stuartm555
    Free Member

12060 here too

CountZero

My choice is this one:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16091
    for no other reason than I much prefer the look of the torch, particularly the stainless bezel, or ‘assault crown', as it's described. Mine has been faultless, and throws out an astonishing amount of light.
    [edit] I just remembered I've got a pic of it on my handlebars in a homemade mount, using some plastic waste pipe and a Lumicycle qr bracket. The torch has part of a drop-bar foam grip on it to make it easier to mount.

pinches
    Free Member

they all seem to have the same properties? i have to say i don't particularly like the 12060 looks wise, and much prefer the 13336, plus it has an aluminium reflector and copper heat sink. (although weather that makes any difference)

Sum
    Free Member

The 12060 appears to have a variable focus, which could be handy, plus it looks more compact than the 13336. You can get 2 mode version of this light which may be less of a faff (or less useful).

lord
    Free Member

do you need a charger for the torch , or normal rechargeable batteries ?

pinches
    Free Member

rechargeable 18650 batteries

to be honest i would probably go for the 2 mode one, i have no need for anything else than on hi lo off

40mpg

DX light review and purchase details

This is the one I have used for about a year now with great success (its also survived 2 hard head-first dismounts – one knocked me out for 20 minutes).

I would suggest the torch is great for helmet mounting, but for bar mounting I would spend an extra 20 quid and get the specific bike light.

mudpup
    Free Member

Xipe Totech – your Toad is upside down
    :mrgreen:

lord
    Free Member

cheers 40mpg

toons
    Free Member

Just buy three mode, five is a pain to cycle through

pinches
    Free Member

Can anyone shed any light on these? (no pun intended)

2mode version of the 12060
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12325

i also like the beam of this one, but its plastic reflector?
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12623

i don't really want a 5 mode one i'll never use SOS or Strobe

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Which is "THE" DX 900 lumen, 5 mode torch that everyones using?’ is closed to new replies.