Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Which is most draggy out of a hans and a nobby?
  • renton
    Free Member

Ive got a Hans dampf on the front and a nobby nic on the back and one of them is really draggy but I am not sure which ?

Any ideas?

cheers

Steve

paulosoxo
    Free Member

IS the Nobby Nic on the right way round? They go on different front and back (or they used too)

What compounds are they?

Which ones have you used before, did they feel draggy?

Have you tried putting more air in thmem?

nickc

Try more air to begin with.

nuke

Never found HD particarly draggy and a damn sight less draggy than a super tacky Minion i had on previously…personally id prefer to suffer a bit of drag and have a tyre i trusted not to washout than a faster rolling tyre that would scare the hell out of me on the trails

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

It’s a funny one as I run Racing Ralph nearly all the time in most conditions and absolutely hate the nobby Nic or Rocket Ron tyres but love my 2.35 Hans Dampf snakeskin, despite them weighing a metric ton they seem to roll really well. not sure what compound mine are though,

renton
    Free Member

They both have lots of air in and are the correct way round.

I hit the loamy stuff and the bike will just stop dead.

HD is evo snakeskin trail star.
    NN is performance.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

NN Performance, We have a winner! These are horrible tyres, not sure about the feeling like the bike is stopping but the compound is like plastic and I found very little grip available.

rickon
    Free Member

Neither of them are particulary draggy.

The performance compound is very hard, so will roll very quick.

The HD in Trailstar is a softer compound. But certainly not draggy.

Both are good in loamy conditions, although the HD can pack up as the nobbles are far apart.

If you were to do anything, I’d replace the NN with a Pacestar version, as its just better.

Is this on the trance?

iainc

Interested in this as just ordered a Nobby Nic Evo SnakeSkin TL PaceStar to replace the liteskin pacestar racing Ralph that came on back with my Anthem a few weeks ago.

andysredmini
    Free Member

I used to use a hans dampf front and nobby nic rear and found it a brilliant combination. There were certain ground types where they were draggy but no worse than anything else I have tried. Mainly soft loam where most tyres drag and if they don’t they will be compromised in some other area. I now run a magic Mary on the front and hans dampf at the rear and I don’t think I would swap back. I don’t find them any worse for drag than the hans dampf nobby nic’s but the cornering grip level is much higher.

rickon
    Free Member

Iain.. The new NN Pacestar is pretty fast rolling, more grippy than the pre-2015 version, and a little but slower rolling.

Its faster rolling than the HD.

The Magic Mary is definitely slower rolling than the HD, both in the same compound. The Mary’s great for steep, muddy conditions where the HD gets overwhelmed. But its poor on hardpack.

renton
    Free Member

Yep this is on the Trance rickon.

iainc

Thanks Rickon – the liteskin ones that came on bike are paper thin…./apols for hijack 😀

renton
    Free Member

No worries mate.

hows the Anthem going then?

iainc

Cheers Renton, aye, loving it 🙂 having been on my Soul as only MTB for last few yrs its nice to have some bouncy summer comfort ! Spec seems great, just changed grips and saddle, and now tyres 😀 albeit same ones, just more durable versions. Amazed how well it climbs and more capable than me on the descents !

Still selling the Trance ?

bikeneil
    Free Member

Ive got a Hans dampf on the front and a nobby nic on the back and one of them is really draggy but I am not sure which ?

Any ideas?

Pop a wheelie and see if that helps, then you’ll know.

OR, care less and just ride the thing….

renton
    Free Member

Really don’t know mate.

I’ve got the genesis to commute on now so might have a proper play with the trance to try and set it up for off road only a d see how I get on with it.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Which is most draggy out of a hans and a nobby?’ is closed to new replies.