Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Which insurance policy, and which lock?
  • Mowgli
    Free Member

I have been blissfully naive for quite a while but reading some posts on here has made me worried about having my bikes nicked. Being a bit of a cheap skate I don't have bike insurance. My bike would be hard to find at home and I'd notice someone following me, but it would not be difficult for some pikey to make off with it if they knew where it was.

I have two bikes, each worth about a grand. Probably more if I had bought the parts new. Which insurance broker is likely to give me the best deal?

I presume for the insurance to be valid they should also be secured a bit better. Any suggestions on cheap-ish yet effective locks? I was thinking of a couple of D lock and some chain to go around one of the beams.

Cheers!

uplink
    Free Member

Put them on your household cover?

Mowgli
    Free Member

To get £2k worth of bike cover would cost an absolute fortune! I was thinking of bike-specific insurance.

uplink
    Free Member

To get £2k worth of bike cover would cost an absolute fortune!

why?
    What household cover do you have now?

Some policies automatically cover things like bikes etc.

FuzzyWuzzy

Just switch to M&S insurance, you're covered for items (inc. bikes) up to £4k each without needing to declare them separately and they don't need to be locked up with a certain grade of lock like most bike specific insurance.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Which insurance policy, and which lock?’ is closed to new replies.