Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Which Insurance for commuting/general riding?
  • ronjeremy
    Free Member

Afternoon all,

Probably been asked before, countless times, but a search couldn’t yield the result, so I thought I would ask again.

Who is best for insurance for general cycling/commuting, British Cycling/CTC or AN Other? Never really thought about it but had a bit of a close thing, (as in got hit but bounced off a car bonnet Friday night, she is being summonsed for driving without due care) and it got me thinking now I am commuting pretty much everyday, I think I should have some kind of safegaurd incase, I understand this is bolting stable after horse etc etc.. but flame away and any advice welcome.

Cheers all

thomthumb
    Free Member

British Cycling/CTC

either. they are pretty similar IIRC.

I joined CTC as i liked the campaigning side of things (bikes on trains etc)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Check you’re not already covered under home insurance.

The CTC/BC insurance is 3rd party so only pays for the thing you hit, whereas my home insurance (M&S, I think) is pretty much fully comp as the bikes are covered away from home, and it has 3rd party insurance.

And the legal cover is just them refering you to a no-win-no-fee solicitor.

MoreCashThanDash

CTC here, not needed them but a mate has and been pleased with service.

I also get insurance through a civil service blanket policy for commuting

simon_g

The cover is much the same. Pick the organisation that you like most (or disagree with least).

fathomer

I’m with British Cycling, purely as they where cheaper.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Which Insurance for commuting/general riding?’ is closed to new replies.