Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Which indoor rower?
  • trek77
    Free Member

Hi STW

I want to put together a home GYM to keep me ticking over when I cant ride.

Been looking at getting an indoor rower. Not for heavy use, just 3 or 4 times a week, but something that will last will hold on to its value.

All my (half hearted + unexhaustive) research comes back to Concept 2 -Model D rower for about 900 new. Any opinions?

PS. So far my gym consists of 2 dumbells and a turbotrainer with 2 sufferfests. tips welcome.

cheers

Matt

jota180
    Free Member

Any opinions?

It’s a Concept2 – pretty much mandatory TBH if you have the cash

redfordrider
    Free Member

+ 1 Concept 2. Favoured by Olympians everywhere.

derekrides
    Free Member

Yep, another Concept 2 vote, bought, used for a bit, got bored and sold on ebay for not much of a loss.

Took up off road cycling regularly to achieve the same effect with a passing view.

MSP

There are probably other rowers that are just as good as concept II these days, but you would never get close to the same price selling them in the future. Which probably means there are some good bargains to be had, unfortunately II couldn’t tell you what to look for,

However if you want something that really gives you an intense all body workout, get yourself a versa climber, makes sufferfest feel like a nursery picnic.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I bought a Concept 2 model D with the PMSL4 on the advice of others on here. I paid £600 for it with only 135km on it and I’m really impressed with it as is the wife who is using regular too despite it been in an unheated garage.

MoreCashThanDash

One of the Dad’s at school works for the Concept 2 people – he’s currently training for a half marathon, is fitter than ever and hasn’t spent £900 😕

ralphcoutter
    Free Member

Go with Concept2’s Model D. Quite sturdy for a big guy like me. I have owned two rowers before this one. No comparison, the extra cost is totally worth it. I row 5 days a week, about 6,200 meters in 30 minutes, in 25 workouts I’m almost hitting my first 100 miles! The log card is a great motivator. Breaks down quick and is behind the door when not in use.

Have fun!

Ralph Coutter
    http://indoor-rower.onlinebestdeals.biz/

davidjones15
    Free Member

Does the new site now mean open season for spam?

scuttler

Thanks Ralph. That’s great. Really useful link maaaannnn.

motivforz
    Free Member

WaterRower are a nice alternative. Not as ‘proper’ as the concept 2 but just as good for the actions and durability.

It’s far more aesthetically pleasing to have in your home, and whilst rowing is far more pleasant to be on. Concepts give a horrible whooshing noise, which if you’re on for any length of time is tedious. A WaterRower sounds far nicer, you can watch the water swash around, and it’s loads quieter.

A friend wrote some rowing training software to compliment the system that comes with it, both RowYo as a cadence trainer for all rowing ergo’s (concepts included), and RowH2O specifically for the WaterRower.

mike2250
    Free Member

Search for concept2 vs waterrower theres quite a good breakdown from a guy whos used both and seems to know what he’s talking about.

nick3216
    Free Member

2nd hand Concept2. Get a PM3 module at least.

nick3216
    Free Member

6,200 meters in 30 minutes

MTFU

pjm84
    Free Member

No wonder I break bike frames.

5000m in 16min 42sec – rate capped to 26spm – on my return to competitive club rowing in my late 30s

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Which indoor rower?’ is closed to new replies.