Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Which Inbred frame – SS to geared options
  • slowboydickie

I am deciding which inbred to buy and want to give SS a go but want to have the option to go geared if I can’t hack it. The beige frame one offers both options but I don’t want a beige bike, nor do I want to run a chain tensioner on the vertical drop out inbred, so my preferred option is the SS limited edition. It also has nice clean lines without the cable housing guides.

I saw BlackMarket do a HORIZONTAL DERAILLEUR HANGER and on CRC there is a similar bit of kit by DMR. Will these convert a inbred with horizontal dropouts or can anyone advise of any other options?

Cheers
    Rich

flashes
    Free Member

track ends are the preferred option, les faffing about and as you say looks neater………..

takisawa2

5837622520_2299846e44_o-1 by pten2106, on Flickr

This was mine when I ran gears.
    Not exactly ugly, you could put a chainring bolt in the mech hanger hole to tidy it up, or even just paint the little hanger bit black.

If you swap to a solid axle & run nuts you won’t need a chaintug, as you can get the axle tighter.

And the beige looks quite neat with some red bits, QR, headset etc.

jonba
    Free Member

The ss only has no cable guides for gears so if you go that route it will be cable ties.

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FROOSD1226/on_one_inbred_26er_slot_dropout

slot dropout in red or black? Can run ss or gears equally well.

slowboydickie

Looking at the 29er options so the colours are a bit less appealing. I am happy with cable ties.

Takasawa- how do you get a threaded axel through a hope hub? Can you convert a pro2 EVO hub to singlespeed?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Which Inbred frame – SS to geared options’ is closed to new replies.