Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Which in ear headphones?
  • Merak

Which in ears would you recommend?

I like the look of the tunable RHA’s

CountZero

Of course, budget is everything, but the best I’ve found for the money are Mee Audio M6 Pro, or even better their Pinnacle P1’s, which have a die-cast zinc housing. Very detailed, plenty of bass but quite neutral overall.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/MEE-Earphone-Replaceable-Universal-Microphone/dp/B00SLVB71Q
    £30; with replaceable cables, much better than the Shure SE215’s, which have given me no end of trouble, expensive replacement cables, and now one earpiece has gone on the fritz.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/MEE-Isolating-Earphones-Replaceable-Microphone/dp/B01A60I4P6
    The Pinnacles are £139, but are really very good, and the cables are excellent, very solid construction.

Merak

Appreciated CZ. You get what you pay for I suppose.
    Those pinnacles do look the ticket.

z1ppy

Love RHA’s headphone, thought reconnend them, there backup is 2nd to none

Merak

Agreed the RHA aftersale service puts Rapha to shame. Just wanted to garner opinion on alternatives before I go for it.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I’ve used some Sennheiser SE425’s for a few years but upped them to SE535’s a few months ago,

The 425’s were good but the 535’s are simply amazing.

grahamt1980

Audio technica e50’s for me.

Easily better than the klipsch x10’s i had before them

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Sony,if you want them to last.

mlbaker
    Free Member

Sony MDR-EX650 are what I currently use, good sound I think and about £40. Get good reviews:

https://www.whathifi.com/sony/mdr-ex650ap/review

grumpysculler
    Free Member

M2IEG for general listening.

Bose qc20 for noise cancelling.

Bream
    Free Member

Shure SE215, stunning sound and comfort at an ok price.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Shure SE535

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

monkeycmonkeydo – Member
    Sony,if you want them to last.

POSTED 15 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

mlbaker – Member
    Sony MDR-EX650 are what I currently use, good sound I think and about £40. Get good reviews:

https://www.whathifi.com/sony/mdr-ex650ap/review

As above.

Used daily as a phone headset for the last few years of WFH, as well as for music when on my travels*. Faultless.

*Unless I’m using my QC35s.

mrjmt
    Free Member

see, I thought that too, then got my SE535s. (well, apart from the last part)

Now the SE215s are relegated turbo trainer duty!

BillOddie

Budget end of the spectrum but I have no complaints with my Magic Sound E10 buds.

spooky211
    Free Member

I have RHA 750i’S, sound quality is superb and as mentioned the after sales support is second to none. My only minor complaint is they fall out my ears quite often…I have tiny ears though so probably not a design issue!

Bimbler
    Free Member

Shure SE215, stunning sound and comfort at an ok price

Ugh, hated mine, glad when they died.

Consider Bluetooth, they sound worse, have to be charged but when you’re out and about it’s great to be free from cables and. I note that RHA have finally released some Bluetooth 750’s – adds to wishlist.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Apart from the RHAs, any Bluetooth in-ear ones people recommend please?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I use one of those Sony bluetooth adapters with my SE535s – SBH52 although there is a newer model now.

Bream
    Free Member

Thought we were talking budget in-ears lol.

My SE215 are also used for training nowadays and I have a pair of SE315 for good use, my budget wouldn’t go to the SE535s.

Surprised to hear Bimbler’s comments about the Shures, maybe it’s a ear shape/fit thing. Over the years I’ve tried Sony, Bose, JVC and more recently tried the latest wireless Jaybirds. All of these were terrible, especially the Jaybirds, returned them next day!

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Which in ears would you recommend?

What are your priorities? Sound quality? Wired? Wireless? Budget?

I can highly recommend Apple’s AirPods, but comfort, convenience, battery life, wireless and Siri integration may not be important to you compared with sound quality.

michaelbowden

I have a pair of Sure SE215’s that I’d be happy to move on. I just didn’t get on with the fit so they’ve had little use. Also have a set of the leave with the phone controls. Email in profile if you’re interested.

CountZero

Shure SE215, stunning sound and comfort at an ok price.

Except their remote cable is utter crap, and expensive, the Mee M6 Pro’s are cheaper than the Shure cable, and come with two cables, with and without remote, and one earpiece of my SE215’s has now given up after causing intermittent drop-outs for some time causing me to buy two replacement UE 900 cables at £40 a time, thinking it was the cable at fault.
    I’ve got several different sets of Mee earphones and I’ve yet to have a problem with any of them, I actually bought a Shure cable with a Lightning connector to fit my Pinnacle P1’s, cost me £80, and I had to have it replaced after a month!
    I’ll never buy Shure stuff again, that’s for certain.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

@stilltortoise
    – Has to be wireless because I want to use them at the gym and on the turbo and when I’m out and about and can’t carry my Sennheiser Momentums around with me 🙂
    – Sound quality is important.
    – Budget. Well, under £100 would be nice.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I think the AirPods sound good, but I’m comparing them with other small (and inexpensive) in-ear earphones, not audiophile headphones. I love them.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Apple Airpods? They cost more than the RHAs no?

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Little bump for this.

I’m thinking about the RHAs. Anyone mind telling me what the extra £50 for the MA750s over the MA650s gets me please?

Cougar

An extra 100.  That’s two for a pound!

Is this any help?  https://www.rha-audio.com/uk/blog/40612/introducing-ma-wireless

mikertroid
    Free Member

Bose Soundsport. Really comfortable, great battery and sound. Got mine as refurbs with full warranty in US for £90.

Cougar
    curiousyellow
    Free Member

Thanks!

The over ear design might be good for keeping things in place, but I’m not sure that’s worth an additional £50! Any owners care to comment?

DrJ

I bought the Bose QC30 wireless NC ones and really liked the comfort of the earbuds and the noise cancelling thing but I tok them back for a refund as the plastic “collar” thins was so hideously uncomfortable :-9

MSP

For wireless sports use, it is down to the bose soundsport or jaybird x3 IMO, the x3’s have the edge audio wise, but the bose are much better for comfort. I have no trouble with using the bose for hours, whereas the the x3’s get a little uncomfortable after a while (but not a lot)

Bimbler
    Free Member

Very, very happy with my RHA 750 Wireless.  Wear them a lot, hours every day, comfortable, sound great.

Downsides, no app yet(?) but that’s being picky, there are only 7 volume levels – too few so the gaps are too large and the voice, bings and bongs are annoying and seem to be of an absurdly low bit rate.

Edit:  I wouldn’t run in them though

curiousyellow
    Free Member

What about using them in the gym? Maine reason I can’t use my over ear headphones is because they slide off my head when lying down and get uncomfortable when you’re hot.

CountZero

Massdrop have got the Pinnacle P1’s available for a good price at the moment, these are the exact ones I’ve got…

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-mee-audio-pinnacle-px-iems

curiousyellow
    Free Member

What’s the price? Have you ordered from there? Looks like a US site so won’t you get stung by customs?

bsims
    Free Member

My Sennheiser cx 175s have been faultless, cheap  and reasonable sound. I have had them for years and they have been left lying around at home/ in the car, I even dropped one in a cup of tea so they are robust.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

These have been brilliant, 9 hours play time and comfy for road or MTB. I got these for £40. I like the way the buds stay in the ear and the wires tuck away back in the neck bit.  https://www.skullcandy.co.uk/earbuds/wireless-earbuds/METHODBT.html?cgid=1210&color=Black%2FGray#xCPcoaH9BtDMCuXI.97

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Which in ear headphones?’ is closed to new replies.