Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Which I pad to buy? (2nd hand?)
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

I’ve asked before and don’t think I got a single response. I’ve acquired an idjay decks set thing which the kids are interested in (and obviously me after a one beer) and I’ve also just read on the gopro thread that they’re not bad for basic editing.

somouk
    Free Member

I’ve just had an iPad air 2 for a sensible price. Now the 9.7 pro is out there are quite a few hitting the market which is keeping the prices down.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Air is about £200, 3 is £100. Difference boils down to a better front camera and 64bit processor on the Air. I have an Air for sale, possibly the 3 if I can justify making up the extra £100 myself to get the Air off my folks.

iOS 7.2.1 on the 3, latest release on the Air. From what I understand the 3 will upgrade to the latest version and run fine provided you completely wipe it after the upgrade then restore from backup if necessary (in your case, nit so much)

AlexSimon

Mine is the first Retina version (ipad 3 I think although they don’t call it that) (64gb with sim slot).
    It still runs latest iOS (and therefore latest apps) and seems fine although I don’t use it heavily.
    It’s heavier than recent ones, but I’m still impressed.
    It would make a good second hand buy.

I wouldn’t touch earlier models.
    Later models will be more expensive and lighter. Depends if you want cheap or not.

AlexSimon

I don’t think those are retina, so I wouldn’t buy personally.
    Price isn’t great either from my quick look after seeing the OP.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

I’ve got an iPad Air 1 32gb cellular non retina with a new Tech21 case in very good condition I’m thinking of selling.

How much is it realistically worth as prices seem to be all over the place? #steathad

simon_g

Plenty of iPad Air & Air 2 coming through on Apple’s own refurb store. I think the latter is a good buy, now with the Pro line I think it’ll keep being a currently-sold model for ages, it has a nice fast processor so you’ll get many years of supported updates.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Will I get anything decent for say 200 quid?
    Ive got a MacBook pro so that does all the proper computing stuff, the ipad will just be a play thing really for the above use.

squirrelking
    Free Member

£200 will see you a 64gb air, possibly a bit more. This us frin recent checks to sell exactly that.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Anybody on here want to offer one up?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Bump for the evening lot.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Which I pad to buy? (2nd hand?)’ is closed to new replies.