Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Which hydration drink?
  • scottyjohn
    Free Member

Hi all,
    Have been planning a trip to do Ben Nevis (walking) and its this Sunday. Weather might be warm and I sweat like a rapist at the best of times, and am relatively unfit at the moment. So what would the collective recommend in terms of the food and drink to take? Have been doing the IDave for a few weeks, but will time my day off to be the walk day, so full days menu suggestions and which sports drink mix / tablets would be much appreciated 🙂 trying to get as much nutritional help to ease my pain due to lack of fitness lol

globalti
    Free Member

It’s free, it’s ready chilled, it’s cleaner than what comes out of your taps and you don’t even have to carry it up the mountain because it’s available everywhere:

rewski
    Free Member

zipvit zv0 – refreshing watermelon

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

You can’t quite see the dead sheep in that pic though…

Just eat normal food and drink normal stuff…. oh you can’t 😆

Your body is struggling today because you pushed it hard yesterday, your bound to feel a bit rough.

Solo
    Free Member

mountain because it’s available everywhere

And theres a dead sheep lying in the stream a few hundred yards further up from you.
    😉

globalti
    Free Member

Fact: mountain streams purify themselves in 100 metres thanks to oxygenation and ultra violet.

Cougar
    BrickMan

NUUN!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Walking you say?

Thermos full of tea.
    Jam sarnies.
    Fruit.
    Eccles cakes.
    Maybe a pork pie if you feel so inclined.

…and emergency only Kendal Mint Cake.

scottyjohn
    Free Member

Thanks guys, have bought some of the Nuun tabs and will try a couple before the big day. Any preferences on what to eat also? I notice the drink is no cal, so wondering what to take for the walk. Also, if Ive been doing the IDave plan, if I jump back into a high carb day, will it have any undesirable effects?

jonba
    Free Member

Walking you say?

Thermos full of tea.
    Jam sarnies.
    Fruit.
    Eccles cakes.
    Maybe a pork pie if you feel so inclined.

…and emergency only Kendal Mint Cake.

This, it’s only a day walk.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Which hydration drink?’ is closed to new replies.