Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Which hybrid? Kaffenback commuter sport Vs. Pompetamine Alfine Comp
  • waliboy

I’m looking at getting one of these two for daily city commuting and the odd road ride at a weekend, perhaps some light touring as well.

I like the idea of a low-maintenance internal hub for all-weather commuting on the Pompetamine but the Kaffenback looks like it might just be a little more versatile overall. Is the Kaffenback worth the extra £200 over the £600 for the Pompetamine though?

I put the question to the forum then, which one would you go for and why?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

How about a Pompino with an alfine (coule of zip tie cable guides needed). Even cheeper?

I wouldn’t bother with disks on a commute, cantis are more than enough, even my old tourer with old skool cantis and polished rims stops quick enough to wory me about grip.

waliboy

Well that sounds like the sort of thing I would do but……..I’m not actually getting the bike, my mate is (I just couldn’t be bothered to phrase the post that way). He’s less in to fettling, bodging and general spanner shenaningans so would rather have something that was ready to ride.

Thanks for the idea though.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Which hybrid? Kaffenback commuter sport Vs. Pompetamine Alfine Comp’ is closed to new replies.