Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Which hubs can be converted from 9mm QR to 15/20mm?
  • dogthomson

I have a bit of a wheel dilemma…

I need a new wheelset ASAP. I currently have a 9mm QR fork which I may be upgrading but not until after Christmas.

Therefore which hubs can I get that are 9mm QR but that can be converted to 15 or 20mm to accommodate a fork upgrade in the near future?

I know Hope Pro 2s can be converted, any others?

steezysix
    Free Member

Superstar Switch definitely can.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I think there are lots of options now.

But what I have : Superstar Switch (and it’s original Novatech equivalent?).

#edit- tooo slooooow

composite
    Free Member

DT Swiss 350 and the 240 if you are flush.

catfishsalesco
    Free Member

Only the 240s 20mm front hub can be converted, the 350s are fixed at whatever width you buy..

andrewh
    Free Member

Hope BULB is QR/20mm

mboy
    Free Member

DT 440s is the only DT front hub that is immediately compatible with any fork standard by swapping the end caps. 350’s are fixed, there are different versions of the 240s, one for QR/9mm and one for QR/15mm/20mm.

Hope Pro 2’s are the most obvious answer. All the Superstar hubs can be converted between all standards (and the Novatec’s they’re based on etc). Nukeproof do 2 front hubs, one that is QR/15mm only, and one that works with QR/15mm/20mm.

There are probably others but can’t think right now.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

If you find a 20mm bulb I have a qr conversion you could have cheap

ratherbeintobago

IIRC CK hubs will convert between QR & 15mm, and between 15mm & 20mm, but not QR & 20mm as they have two different front hub shells.

andyrm
    Free Member

As has been said, all Superstar Switch and Tesla will – just a case of popping out end caps.

jonnyrockymountain

American classic will do q/r and 15mm

kristoff
    Free Member

Hope pro 2s or pro 2 evos are a doddle to change.

takisawa2

Technium FR. Don’t see many of them. 🙂

PiknMix
    Free Member

Halo spin doctors are also convertible.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Which hubs can be converted from 9mm QR to 15/20mm?’ is closed to new replies.