Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Which Hope Pro3 wheelset?
  • Norton
    Free Member

Can’t decide between the XC3/Stans 355 and AM4/Flow wheelsets to replace a set of Crossrides on a ’06 Marin Rocky Ridge. I’m close to but below the recommended weight limit for the XC3s, but don’t (voluntarily) jump off stuff etc, but I tend to use the RR for slightly more demanding riding on Surrey Hills trails, Quantocks, Exmoor etc and am not necesarily the smoothest or most skilled rider.

The RR has already been on a diet (Fox 120s etc) to make it more of a general purpose trail bike and I’d like to get some more weight off and add easy tubeless compatability with the XC3 set – but will they be too fragile? The AM set look to be a good 500g heavier.

Yor advice?

rickmeister

I have a pair of Hope Pro III Sp almost new, for sale…. if your interested….

Kahurangi

rick – Just hubs or built wheels? I might be if Norton isn’t. Pics and info to
    jont dot mail at gmail do com
    please!

Tiboy

how about the proII wheelsets for ease of maintenance and spares etc? and a whole load cheaper! I’ve got the proIIs on flows and am very happy with them, build quality is good and very wide for the weight.
    I’d say that you’d find the 355 pro3s flexy as they have less spokes(I haven’t tried them, but common sense would suggest this), this will also reduce the life of the wheels.

Tiboy

oh, and I’m not the most skilled or delicate rider either, which is why I ruled out 24spoke designs

fwb2006
    Free Member

I’ve got the 32 spoke SP with normal 6 bolt rotors and they support my 15 stone lardy arse fine.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Which Hope Pro3 wheelset?’ is closed to new replies.