Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Which hope hoop rim 29er….
  • MountainMutant
    Free Member

For a 90kg bloke?

ZTR crest ok for a heavy chap on pro 2 evo hubs? Probs won’t be running tubeless.

Thanks

matthew_h
    Free Member

Nope, much too flexy for someone your size imo. I’m a little bigger than that and find even the 29er Flow a little on the flexy side but they’d be the much better option.

Slogo
    Free Member

What are you going to be doing on the rims?

Stans rims

I’ve just got a set arch ex for some bomb proof wheels.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Is the flow just a 29er rim? The crest seems to have a normal and 29er version

Bit unclear on Wiggle

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Will just be fast XC riding but singlespeed and rigid so flex not wanted

Jeffus
    Free Member

I’m 95kg in my gear never noticed flex in mine, 20mm front and 142 x 12 rear set up, thought they were great wheels, light and fast with Maxxis Ikons.

Slogo
    Free Member

Arch ex 29 will be perfect

60gs between the two. But are a lot stronger if you look at the cross sectional area of the rim.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Can’t see anywhere selling the arch Pre built by hope. I’m on a tight budget

z1ppy

Try moonglu, their not a hope hoops option ATM

z1ppy

How tight… SSC?

jambo13
    Free Member

@MountainMutant, the flows are available both in 26er and 29er but the 29er rims will be a custom build as they’re not available as Hope Hoops.

I have a set of 29er flows and they are pretty bomb proof, and I’m 110kg, so you can probably get away with the Arch EX I reckon.

Never had issues with Stans or Hope Hubs, thoroughly recommended.

Pridds

I’m 90kg and have the Hope Hoops Sp on Crests and they are a bit light for me. Not so much flexible but have to true them regularly as the chainstay clearance is tight and when they wobble the tyre rubs the frame. If the Arch EX had been available when i bought them i would have got them over the Crests, Flows would have been a bit much for that bike.

druidh
    Free Member

Arch EX. I’m a good bit lighter than you but I’ll be building these up for my Bikepacking 29er. I want something robust enough to take a bit of load and not break when I’m in the middle of nowhere.

weeksy

Maybe i’m a ham fisted gorilla, i’ve not noticed any flex or issues on my Crests. I weigh about the same as you (maybe a bit less now)

MountainMutant
    Free Member

OK the Arch EX are going to cost another £50 but would rather have the peace of mind.

Thanks all

MM

shortcut

If you don’t want to run tubeless why would you spend the extra on Stans rims (which often seem to cause problems getting tyres on especially with tubes).

If you are running tubes get some Mavics! Less hastle and arguably better from a reliability (they have eyelets) point of view.

mcboo
    Free Member

I knew it, he’s getting a 29er……

How long until Phil’s Great Big 26″ Clearout?

MountainMutant
    Free Member

It’s only the unridden Yeti McBoo

Stripping it to make a Rigid Inbred 29er singlespeed for the Epping mudfest.

The Hummer is staying

Check the classifieds at the weekend 😉

MM

br
    Free Member

If you don’t want to run tubeless why would you spend the extra on Stans rims (which often seem to cause problems getting tyres on especially with tubes).

+1

pedalhead
    Free Member

I think a better question is…why wouldn’t you want to run tubeless? 😀

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Well I’ve bought some UST tyres so may give it a go to complete the nicheness

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Which hope hoop rim 29er….’ is closed to new replies.