Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Which Highroller model for a week in Spain
  • keppoch

I have decided which tyres to buy for my holiday (phew) but now there are loads of models of the tyre!

I think this one will be best:

Maxxis High Roller 26 x 2.35 Black F 60a MaxxPro

60a is the softness and 60a is pretty soft, is that right? 2.35 would be about as wide as would fit in the back I think.

Any thoughts? They are to go on a old style 575 for a week of cycling in the Sierra Nevada, Spain going up and downhill but more important that they are good down 🙂

If you must feel free to suggest alternatives 😉

allmountainventure
    Free Member

I use this on the front.

and this on the back

Considering ditching the HR altogether and running ardents front and back.

I live and ride in Spain full time, tried loads of tyres. These two are the best so far.

_tom_
    Free Member

60a isn’t as grippy as 40a or super tacky. I use a 60a dual ply on the rear and it’s heavy but seems to grip very nicely. Going back to the 2.1 folding one now the weather is a bit better (can get away with slightly higher pressures to negate the need for dual ply!).

The dual ply feels at least twice the weight of the folding and I wouldn’t recommend unless you get a lot of pinch flats.

Gary_C

I’ve just come back from a week in the Sierra Nevada, & was glad I was using tubeless tyres……

allmountainventure
    Free Member

+1 for going tubeless.

fix
    Free Member

dual ply, super tacky’s. sorted.

keppoch

Don’t really suffer with pinches much (jinx!) but seems like something Maxxis is a safe bet.

Thanks all.

allmountainventure
    Free Member

Lots of big square edges down here 😉

anto164
    Free Member

IMO, Minions are better over rocks and dry conditions than high rollers. HRs are more intermediate tyres, whereas the minions are more of a dry weather tyre. (Or even wet weather tyre if it’s hardpack) DHF on the front, 42a dual play (Heavy) with a tubeless ardent on the rear.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Which Highroller model for a week in Spain’ is closed to new replies.