Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Which helmet cam – Drift X170 or Helmet Hero.
  • tthew

Anyone have a definitive answer?

As far as I can see it, the X170 has better resolution, built in preview screen, remote control, 2 file format options and that twisty lens. Is it a no-brainer or does the size of the Helmet Hero make that much of a difference?

I’m not going to go the HD route based on cost so please rule that one out.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

My mate had a drift x170 for about a month. 2 crashes ended it as it would no longer record to SD. Its recorded very well (when it worked).

grantway
    Free Member

There is a new helmet cam out that records your GPS
    and speed including 720 HD called GoBandit No idea on cost.
    Think its sold through these guys.

fitness Monitors
    Unit 7 Ash Road South
    Wrexham Industrial Estates
    Wrexham LL13 9UG

tthew

The GoBandit is currently available for preorder in the UK for $470,

😯 Bit pricy. That is a great idea mind.
    I don’t crash much anymore, (though now I’ve said that…..) and anything might get broken through such abuse, so I don’t see that as a big drawback. Thanks for the feedback though.

easygirl

got an archos 605 wifi with archos bullet cam for sale?
    £100, asnew , virtually unused

grantway
    Free Member

Ouch sorry dude just that i had seen it in the cyle show.
    i suppose its more for the skiers or GPS gadget knobs.
    It was fairly big too.
    to be honest most HD head cams are 1080 so a bit crap really
    so bet its the GPS thats making it expensive.

tthew

No need to apologise, I’m a right gadget tart but do try to reign in the features I need want to keep the price sensible.

Easygirl, I’d prefer an all in one type thanks.

lipseal
    Free Member

Been looking for a camera for my archos 605, what does it record like EG?

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

@tthew – have you seen the Drift? They are massive. Definatley not small. so if you are prepared to have it mounted to your handlebars then thats fine. My friends helmet mount lasted once.

grumm
    Free Member

There’s a new lower res and cheaper but still ‘HD’ version of the Hero coming out soon apparently – not sure how much though.

tthew

Yes, I have seen the Drift in the flesh, which was why the OP. Not seen the results from it yet though. You just don’t get an idea of the size from the website do you? They must have employed people with massive body parts for the shots on the website!

wisepranker
    Free Member

There’s a new lower res and cheaper but still ‘HD’ version of the Hero coming out soon apparently – not sure how much though.

The new Gopro is the 960 and it’s available now.
    http://www.goprocamera.com/products/hd-hero-960-camera.php

You can get them from the US through eBay for about £130.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

contour HD, some of the guys on our trip were using one and the picture quality is fantastic.

My £12.50 ebay one has just stoped working and randomly switches off so was a bit useless on 15minute desents.

easygirl

lipseal
    dont think its hd quality, but pics are great, the camera is only small, so mounts well on helmet

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Which helmet cam – Drift X170 or Helmet Hero.’ is closed to new replies.