Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • which Helmet?
  • manitou
    Free Member

always been a Giro wearer and its time to change from my E2 from 2005.
    Thinking of a Xar… any good?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I think they are well overrated but plenty of folk like them.

I always buy what fits best.

z1ppy

I’d have bought one when I replaced my Xen but they didn’t fit my head but neither did the E2, so maybe it’ll be fine for you.

Lots of other choices to look at though, like my Bell Super a lot.. What he^ said about “what fits best” is the best advise.

xcube
    Free Member

This might help http://www.bhsi.org/helmetxx.htm

Just got a Bushwacker which I’m very pleased with so far but they’re a bit like rocking horse **** to get hold of.

manitou
    Free Member

the trouble is finding shops that actually stock enough choices to try on.. what is the helmet of choice for people on here?

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’ve recently got a Bell Super and really like it; I think it looks good, it’s comfy and fits really well. I liked the IXS Trail RS too but couldn’t get it in my size or colour.

The TLD A1 is super comfy but quite a lot of money and I’m not sold on the looks.

bellys
    Free Member

Iv just got a catlike Leaf . Great fit very light.

wiggles
    Free Member

Where are you?
    Shop with plenty to try on is best

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I bought an ISX trail in black M/L but it’s too large. Then I went on holiday and forgot it was in it’s box under the table.

Now it’s gone past it’s 14 days return grrrrrrrrr

manitou
    Free Member

Im in that there London

kristoff
    Free Member

I’ve been a long term giro user (best part of 15 years) and I’ve just made the jump to a TLD A1 wow it’s extremely comfy. The looks aren’t favoured by some but I like it 🙂

davewalsh
    Free Member

I’ve had a Xar for 12 months now and personally I think it’s no better than the Hex it replaced but was 50% more expensive. Save a few quid and get the Hex, but try it first to make sure it fits.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘which Helmet?’ is closed to new replies.