Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Which headset?
  • spudly1979
    Free Member

Guys, looking at a cane Creek Angleset to slacken my bike off slightly, but I’m unsure which one I need!

Its a canyon nerve am 6.0, currently with an acros Aix 03, tapered headset ( I believe!). So I looked at the website and it asked for several measurements and I put in what I thought – 1.5 inch lower, 1 1/8 upper and it said I needed this:

SHIS:ZS44 – 1-1/8″ ZeroStack (ZS) upper
    SHIS:IS52/30 – 1.5″ Integrated (IS) to 1-1/8″ Conversion lower

Anyone know if this is right? I was thinking going with the 0.5 degree change to drop the headset angle down to 68 degrees.

Ps does any other company do a similar product?

sam2391
    Free Member

Dont waste your money offset shock bushings are what you need!! Ill find a link for you.. hang on

sam2391
    Free Member
    Northwind

spudly1979 – Member

Ps does any other company do a similar product?

Check out Works Components before you do anything else, they make a cheaper, better product. I don’t know whether they have one to your spec but they’ll be able to tell you for sure. Weird really, they’ve been making their product for longer, in the UK, but most of the mags only want to talk about the shiny expensive newcomer.

Other options are available, K9 comes to mind and there’s others whose name I forget.

Offset bushings are another good method, but not compatible with all frames- they shorten the “maximum compressed” length of the shock so that can cause frame parts to collide. Worth checking first. They also have other unpredictable effects, since with some suspension designs they’ll mess with the linkage rates.

spudly1979
    Free Member

Great! Ummm, what are offset shock bushings?

spudly1979
    Free Member

Hmmm, had a look at the offset bushings and I’m a bit concerned as to what effect they’d have on the rest of the frame – bits colliding etc.

sam2391
    Free Member

This explains it quite well http://www.southerndownhill.com/reviews/components/offset-shock-bushings.html

In effect it lets your rear wheel sit lower and rakes your fork out, imagine fitting a slightly shorter rear shock

Northwind

spudly1979 – Member

Hmmm, had a look at the offset bushings and I’m a bit concerned as to what effect they’d have on the rest of the frame – bits colliding etc.

Remove the spring,or air, from the shock then compress it all the way (if it’s an air one, let more air out as you compress it). That’ll show you the clearances you have and you can make at worst an educated guess from there.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Which headset?’ is closed to new replies.