Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • which hardtail frame for 160mm forks.
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

There's loads to choose from but I now own some Fox36's that I'm enjoying.

Dialed alpine (but I've got long legs and am 6ft 1" tall and they only make an 18" these days), A Radley Pig, A sub zero, a Cove stiffee FR?

Any ideas ?

lethal_frizzle
    Free Member

i ran 160's on my chameleon for a bit, and i can say they felt rather nice, i only took them off because they were nicked from one of my other bikes.

giantjason
    Free Member

I am taking delivery of a DB Alpine in the next couple of weeks.

Will finally see if it rides as good as the reviews!

alpin
    Free Member

mmmmmmbop? pig?

come on people, help this man!

Straightliner

I've got and am loving my Blue Pig, but I've got no other experience with long travel hardtails so it's hard to give you an unbiased opinion. I like bikes with long(ish) top tubes, so it works really well for me and the steel frame, while heavier than an alloy frame is certainly compliant without feeling flexy.

There are a lot of frames out there now, so I suppose you need to work out whether you want steel or alloy, your budget and the sort of frame dimensions you might like. By the way, I'm 6'2" wih a 33" inside leg and the 18" Blue Pig fits really well.

jimthesaint

I'm sure NS Bikes will do a frame that can take 160mm forks. Erm, who else can I think of. Have you looked at;

Cotic Bfe? Curtis? Chromag? Transition? Dark Cycles?

ianpinder
    Free Member

the new evil bikes soverign (sp) 24inch + tt on the xl

druidh
    Free Member

NS Surge will take 160mm forks – and there's one (new) just appeared on ebay…..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘which hardtail frame for 160mm forks.’ is closed to new replies.