Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Which handlebar?
  • mbr30
    Free Member

Never really taken to my 2011 PitchPro handlebars.Theyre 720mm and I want something narrower. Any ideas please.

joeyj
    Free Member

I have some Scott bars and stem from my 2011 Scott scale 80 in immaculate condition which I found excellent but preferred wider bars. Bars and stem yours for £45 posted if you are interested email in profile.

PROLINE85
    Free Member

Easton Havens, or Sunline V1’s, or just get the hacksaw out? Easy to cut, especially if you have a cutting guide 😉

Bucko

Hacksaw? If not then i’m sure there are hundreds of people on here that have their old narrow(er) bars sitting around collecting dust somewhere.

footflaps

You can pick up 2nd hand carbon risers eg 680mm wide EC70s for £40 on the classifieds / Ebay very easily.

_tom_
    Free Member

hacksaw + old brake lever to use as a guide. Other than that it’s hard to say since everyone prefers a different feel. Personally I like Deity bars for their sweeps.

nathaneddy
    Free Member

Salsa flat bars with 17 deg sweep. very comfy. I run mine with a 90 mm stem (short for that amount of sweep)
    you can get the carbon version from Charlie and the bike monger for 70 quid.

Trekster

Liking my new Shimano Pro Koryak bars

mikewsmith
    Free Member

And now people want narrow bars, had 3 sets of 685 EA70’s that went to the bike recycler this winter

Underhill
    Free Member

If you’re thinking of selling the Pitch bars I’d be interested. Emails in profile.

Currently I’m running a 685 EA50 with 40mm stem on mine which is working ok but I have 710s on the other 2 bikes.

andyl
    Free Member

Good safe bet would be some Easton bars with their 9 degree back sweep. I’d look at the low rise EA70 (aluminium) or EC70 (carbon) or one of the Race Face bars.

But you could try something with more sweep – eg surly bars etc. Maybe it is not the width of yours but the back/up sweep or rise? I’d go to a shop and try as many in your hand as you can.

You can always cut down your bars if it is the width.

I would strongly avoid bike manufacturer branded bars that come with bikes unless they are component brand name ones (eg Easton, Race Face etc) as they are can sometimes be a bit cheap and heavy as they expect you to fit the bars of your choice after.

you could also look at CRC and order a few different ones and see how they feel and send the ones you don’t want back (free returns).

2nd hand most sub 700mm bars go for peanuts now so take your pick if you want to go that route and save some money.

mbr30
    Free Member

Cheers for that.underhill I’ll drop you an email when I’ve got some new ones ta

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Which handlebar?’ is closed to new replies.