Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Which guitar for my 4 year old?
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Are there any decent guitars for a little person? She wants one for Christmas but don’t want to spend loads given that it may not get used much but I do want to encourage her. Going to have a look on Gumtree etc but what should I look for?

emsz
    Free Member

Honestly?

It doesn’t really matter. You can get 1/2 sized ones which would suit her better, and as long you can tune it, it’ll be fine.

Junkyard
    Free Member

ukulele- seriously the guitar is too big

What emsz said but it wont matter if you can tune it as they wont be able to play so something cheap

Did i mention it was too big?

4 is still a bit young IMHO- try piano at that age

stratobiker
    Free Member

Get her a Ukulele.
    A great way to start.
    SB

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

My limited knowledge went so far as knowing a full size one would be too big. I had wondered about a Ukelele.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

We already have a keyboard, no room for a proper piano but the Yamaha has full size keys.

hitman
    Free Member

yes
    Get her a travel guitar – something she can use whilst she grows up and then on through her adult life. Buy quality – she will love you for doing so and if she does give up you can sell at barely any loss.
    If you do have to buy cheap, buy one of these – I owned one in the past and it was ok:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-PRO-QUALITY-JOHNSON-TRAILBLAZER-II-TRAVEL-GUITAR-/150920493561?nma=true&si=d0ZzuWrV%2F3gYBmf0KxztPKz4DEk%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Which guitar for my 4 year old?’ is closed to new replies.