Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Which grips for Rohloff setup?
  • Dekerfer
    Free Member

I am busy fitting a Rohloff to my singlespeed frame. All is going well except I can’t find some suitablelock-on grips to use with the shifter. I ordered some Cane Creek Gripshift grips from CRC but they turned out to be short on both sides.

The products available at SJS are all strange shapes.

I would like to buy a set of standard shaped lock-ons which have a normal length side and a shorter side for the shifter.

Can anyone recommend a solution?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Hacksaw

winky
    Free Member

Yo,
    I am rohloffing and encountered a similar problem. ODI do Ruffian, Rogue and Yeti Lock on grips in gripshift length however, there is a catch. You will have to buy a pair of these 90mm grips and then buy a bonus pack of 130mm matching pattern grips with the collars. You then have 2 of each side, so a spare set for when you wear your first lot out. The main UK importer for ODI is Ison Distribution and many shops (including the one I work in) deal with ison.

Rohloff. It’s the future. I’ve tasted it!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Ergon do a rohloff specific set – right grip is shortened for gripshift, left grip is full length.
    Rohloff is indeed the future. 🙂

AlasdairMc

Get some old school Onza Ules, as they have the cut-off section for Gripshift.

Not lock-on though

tonto
    Free Member

i used some ‘normal’ ergons with a hack saw

singlespeedstu

As said up there.

Just use your favourite grip and cut the shifer side down.

I got some Rohloff specific lockons but didn’t like them as I could feel the clamp between the grip and the shifter.

You might also want to trim the Rohloff shifter rubber down a bit to more of a round shape. I found that the standard shape really dug into my hand when brakeing in certain gears.

Stoner
    Free Member

as SST has, I only use one clamp on each grip because I dont liek the feel of the inboard clamp. I use a cane creek twist shift half grip on one side and a spare big earl ODI on the left.

Dekerfer
    Free Member

OK, looks like a hacksaw job!

Thank you for the feedback – seems like a missed opportunity for Rohloff to produce some appropriate grips.

radoggair
    Free Member

Guess it wont be a singlespeed frame much longer then!!

singlespeedstu

radoggair – Member

Guess it wont be a singlespeed frame much longer then!!

It’ll still be a singlespeed frame as changing the rear wheel doesn’t affect what the frame was designed for.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Which grips for Rohloff setup?’ is closed to new replies.