Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • which greek island holiday?
  • jairaj

I’ve just come back from Folegandros, which is a 45 min ferry ride west of Santorini.

Highly recommended for people who just want to chill out and relax. Its quite a small place but the main village Chora, has enough restaurants and bars so you eat drink somewhere different for a week. There isn’t much attractions or much sight seeing to do but there are lots of nice clean beaches and the water is nice and clear. There weren’t any large crowds when I went but it is the start of the season and there where no lager louts.

failedengineer

I went to Lourdas a few years ago. Pleasant enough, quiet but plenty of good tavernas. Long walk down to (and uphill back from) the beach though. No harbour or anything – a bit ‘soul-less’. Good base, we hired a scooter and got about a bit. I was talking to one of the Taverna owners who said that the Captain Correlli effect had boosted trade, but then it had fallen off again, hence a number of empty shops and bars.
    We’d go to Kephallonia again, I think. One more thing, the ‘Big earthquake in the 1940’s destroyed just about everything of archaeological interest.

Hope this helps.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Samos – Stay over near Samos town and it’s quiet but not too much so, stay further out and it’s idyllic.

I can’t speak for the thousands of Greek islands but Samos is a bit special.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

Big earthquake in the 1940’s

the touristy guide types ensure that gets drummed into your brain!

we hired bikes from this bike shop in argostoli ran by two of the nicest chaps i’ve ever met, and i’d highly recommend them (one of them gave me his mobile number and said “if you puncture, anywhere on the island, call me and i’ll come find you and repair it”…)

sadexpunk

booked. shes gone for san lorenzo village in lassi. looks lovely.

thanks a lot 🙂

xherbivorex
    Free Member

nice work! we were in apartments just past the mediterranee hotel last year, not that far from where you’re gonna be. the better beaches in lassi are slightly south of that part of town, but still easily walking distance.

Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘which greek island holiday?’ is closed to new replies.