Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Which ‘Gravity-Dropper seat post?
  • grumm
    Free Member

That’s def one advantage of the i900 – you can stop it wherever you want on the 5″ of travel 😛

firestarter
    Free Member

repac rider try it with the cable the other way round if you routing is a pain . mine was and this way is much better

brant
    Free Member

Also, you will get several degrees of rotational movement with most seatposts of this type. Seems weird at first, but you dont really notice it when riding.

Not with the i900 that I’ve seen.

Hats off to Superstar – that was a nice product they picked up at Taiwan last year. They’ll be some fighting over the new models at the end of March.

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    I recently purchased a Maverick remote version off here.
    It does have float in the saddle but I dont notice it when riding and I have used a gravity dropper in the past which did this also. Overall fairly happy with it but I have a couple of issues/questions:
    1.There seems to be a point where, if its clamped in the frame, it stops the saddle returning to full height almost as if it was nipping the inner and outer tubes together
    2. Even if I get it set up properly before the ride there seems to be times when it still doesn’t return to full height.

I took it to bits and it was fairly clean inside but I cleaned and re-greased it anyway but has anyone else experienced this.
    Cheers
    Steve

grumm
    Free Member

brant is that the i950 you are talking about or something else?

jonb
    Free Member

will it come in 27.2mm Brant? Surely as most of your frames take that size post you’d have to?

Ed-O
    Free Member

i950 is the upgraded version of the i900 that is tested in the latest issue of Singletrack magazine.

grumm
    Free Member

Blimey just noticed the i950 has 175mm of travel!

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

Have the KS i900 – great piece of kit – smile every time I adjust the saddle – no more breaks in the ride to adjust saddle – no play whatsover and i weigh 15 stone

RepackRider
    Free Member

2retro4u
    Marin County, Cali

Like I said, there are several models of Gravity Dropper, and this is the one I ended up with. As you can see, the routing is stupid, and turning the seat post around doesn’t look like it would help. It looks like the cable is about to break off where it enters the seat post, and it looks like the mount could stab you in the leg. (It hasn’t yet.)

Orwell was a f#$king optimist.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Which ‘Gravity-Dropper seat post?’ is closed to new replies.