Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Which GPS/running watch for around £100?
  • chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Am getting more and more into running in aid of losing the second of three stones this year. I have seen the Polar M400 on offer at Wiggle for a hundred quid, any others I should be looking at around that price mark or will that be fit for purpose?

jon1973
    Free Member

Very pleased with my garmin forerunner 10, although it doesn’t do heart rate monitoring. I think the forerunning 15 has that functionality for around £100.

chrisdw
    Free Member

My M400 is great.

Cferg
    Free Member

Another shout for the Garmin Foreruner 10, only slight issue I have is that it occasionaly takes a few tries to sync. Garmin website is very good though and seamlessly integrates with Strava if that’s your thing.

superfli
    Free Member

Forerunner 310xt

stuartm555
    Free Member

I recently got a TomTom Multisport for £109 from Tesco. Seems good and has bluetooth so you can upload to strava via your phone. Check out DC rainmakers review

emsz
    Free Member

Garmin FR15 or strava if you’ve got a smart phone.

Edric64
    Free Member

found a Garmin 910xt for £136 at xmas in an Amazon sale it does everything

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Bloody hell, didn’t realise there were that many to chose from! Is it worth getting the HRM?

Duggan

I use my garmin forerunner 210 loads but I have to say I wouldn’t recommend it.

It’s quite glitchy and often turns itself on inexplicably for no reason- frustrating if you want to use it and then realise it’s been draining the battery just sitting in your drawer at home. It sometimes just blanks out when syncing to Strava and then I have to wait a few hours before I can then turn it on again and retrieve my data. Takes ages to find satellite reception too which can be very annoying when you’re waiting around in the cold.

It’s possible that I’ve just got a bad model but I won’t be buying it again though the Garmin’s do generally have a good reputation I think.

surfer
    Free Member

Is it worth getting the HRM?

I wouldnt bother.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Is it worth getting the HRM?
    I wouldnt bother.

Only worth it if you intend to train using HR zones imo. If you’re just tracking distance / pace / strava, then probably not worth it, IMO

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Which GPS/running watch for around £100?’ is closed to new replies.