Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Which Gore Tex trainers for wide feet?
  • TP
    Free Member

As above really. I have wide (and high) feet. Which trainers have plenty of room inside?

ittaika
    Free Member

i have wide feet too and find the keen shoes to be very comfortable – loads of width.

RustySpanner

New Balance running shoes are good for wider feet, not sure if they do a Gore Tex shoe though.

Inov8’s do different types of fit – they do a Gore Tex boot, but prices have risen to the stupidly ridiculous level over the last couple of years.

Nike are narrow for me, as are Puma and most, but not all Adidas.

IHN

Meindl

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Merrels. Size 10 with a wide foot here, and they fit like a glove.

binners

Another vote for Merrells. Size 10 with club-feet here and I’ve had loads of merrells. Also Keen.

ransos
    Free Member

+1 Meindl. I tried a few brands in Cotswold leisure and they were the only ones wide enough for me.

TP
    Free Member

Thanks all.

tiggs121
    Free Member

Aye – I’m a size 9 but a 10 in Merrell seems to work for me.

Intercept GTX are excellent.

teef
    Free Member

1 vote against Merrell – I just had to return a pair because they were too narrow – best try on before purchase.

jonundercover
    Free Member

Salamon xcr 3d are great trainers

loum
    Free Member

Asics make a “wide fit” option in some of their running shoes.
    (There’s some on CRC with 40% off at the moment.)
    They also make some nice gore-tex trainers that seem to last quite well,IMO.
    I’m not sure if the gore-tex one’s are available in “wide”, but even their “normal” fit isn’t narrow.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Salamon xcr 3d are great trainers

They’re brilliant but not for wide feet I wouldn’t have thought

TP
    Free Member

The Salamon xcr 3d do funny things to my little toes so I shall discount them. Don’t like the fact that the Merrell shoes seem to say Merrel all over them. Meindl look good if anywhere local does the wide fit and, should I be somewhere with a choice of shops in the near future, I’ll see if I can find some asics to look at.

Cletus

Mere ell do a GoreTex version of their Moab trainer which fit my duck feet comfortably

neninja
    Free Member

I have wide feet and find Salomon XA Pro the most comfy footwear I own full stop – probably why I own several pair in Goretex and regular varietes.

martinhurton
    Free Member

Nike Avlord, not goretex but waterproof, wear well, comfortable and readily avaiable from all good sports shops 😀

I have wide feet and they fit great. Only around £25-£30 as well.

andywoods
    Free Member

asics gtx lahar 4 work well for me. there was a 1/3rd off price in go outdoors in january not sure if offers still on worked out £50 pair

nickhart
    Free Member

vivo barefoot, merrel barefoot (feel like a second skin for me), some of the inov8 range (some are shockingly narrow but others are everso roomy), saucony.

petrieboy

Asics Lahar here too. Reccomended, but they do come up at least a size too small compared to normal asics trainers so buy a size up

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Which Gore Tex trainers for wide feet?’ is closed to new replies.