Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • which gopro handlebar mount ?
  • flap_jack
    Free Member

Lots of bad reviews of the basic one.

Does the expensive one fit old size handlebars ?

Is the K-edge the way to go ?

Advice, please (can’t use chesty nor helmet mounts for various reasons)

Thanks

Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

I’m sure I read that Geoff Waugh used the K Edge mounts for the Go Pro stuff in the three peaks video https://vimeo.com/51028192 so I guess they must be ok

b-a-c-o-n
    Free Member

I have both, the £42 K-Edge and the standard £20 handlebar / seatpost GoPro mount. The K-Edge is good, very solid, can mount the camera above or below the bar, but thats it, but when its mounted its very solid. The GoPro mount is good too, obviously you can mount it on the bars, in the same way, above or below, but you can also mount it pretty much anywhere else on the bike. The seatpost, downtube, forks stanchions (I have Pace rigids so can get away with it), fork crown etc, very versatile.

The K-Edge mount def looks the best, but If had to buy just the one, I’d buy the GoPro mount, there are simply more options to mount the camera, and in my opion the better angles of filming make for better footage, the standard POV gets a little boring.

Hope that helps.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

i’ve got both too, the K-Edge is less versatile however it is much better made and the camera is secure

I’ve broken a couple of the gopro bar mounts in the past so i dont have much confidence in them now. There is a thin line between tightening them up enough to stop them moving and over stressing the plastic

flap_jack
    Free Member

thanks, it’s the breaking that I’m worried about (just trashed a magicshine angled mount, I have lots of clumsy crashes).

Does the camera itself always survive mount breakages ?

flap_jack
    Free Member

bump in case some goproers are early types…

d3fm3ch
    Free Member

I’m considering this this handlebar mount from Ebay. Looks pretty versatile and cheap!

evillittlegoat
    Free Member

There is a thin line between tightening them up enough to stop them moving and over stressing the plastic

This is the exact problem. I overtightened mine, didnt realise at the time but that fractured one of the three tines on the mount. The camera banzaid off the bars in a rock garden. It landed on the rocks directly on the power button, and killed the camera 🙁

I use a chestie now. Bar mount is a great angle, looks really fast, but Id go K Edge next time.

somafunk
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘which gopro handlebar mount ?’ is closed to new replies.