Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Which GoPro ??
  • molly2202
    Free Member

Hi, birthday coming up, wanting GoPro to record rides. I often ride solo, long days sniffing out Singletrack, and mooching about, though also rude trail centres as well…. Which GoPro should I get? Do I need all bells and whistles or can I do as well with a cheaper model? What’s your advice?

geuben
    Free Member

What do you intend to do with the videos you record?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Don’t get the Hero 4 Session if you do long rides as you can’t change batteries. The Hero + should suit as it has wifi so you can use your phone to set shots up and you won’t have the weight or drain of an lcd screen. Get a spare battery.

ajantom

If you’re just trying out and/or experimenting I’d say go for a Gopro ‘style’ camera like the SJ4000.
    Can be had in a wireless version and you can swap batteries. All for about £40.

craig24
    Free Member

GoPro Hero4 Silver, does all you want and more. If you’ve got the budget for it, get one.

jjojjas
    Free Member

get a second hand hero2. no remote or wifi but i’m not convinced i’d need either of those really. you can get replacement batteries etc cheap on fleabay.

jjojjas
    Free Member

ps. I toured for 10 days using (sparingly) three batteries and a spare memory card for the hero2.
    Jas

CraigW
    Free Member

Don’t get the Hero 4 Session if you do long rides as you can’t change batteries. The Hero + should suit as it has wifi so you can use your phone to set shots up and you won’t have the weight or drain of an lcd screen. Get a spare battery.

But you can’t change batteries on the Hero+.

I would look for a Hero 3 White, its an older model, but you can probably find one cheap. Amazon or Currys have it for £150, including a spare battery. It should be good enough video quality for most things, and better battery life than some of the more expensive models. I think wifi is very useful for checking the camera is pointing in the right direction, and changing settings etc.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

But you can’t change batteries on the Hero+.

Blimey. I didn’t know that. Why ever not if they have the larger form factor. 😳

Vortexracing

can you change the batteries on the hero 4session?

it seems quite a good deal, especially as curry are doing them for £159

doubleu
    Free Member

GoPro 4 Silver – if you want to change batteries. It does everything minus 4k. Couldn’t ask for a better camera really. The touchscreen I personally find quite useful but its a killer on the battery. it will auto turn off the screen after xx amount of time (user setable)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Which GoPro ??’ is closed to new replies.