Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Which full suss frame for 130mm forks?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

probably buying a S/H 456 which means i'll have 2 steel hardtails (3 if you count the unbuilt sanderson life that im selling alread)

Plan is to work out which one i like more then rape it/the spare for parts and sell the other frame, building up one hardtail and one full suss.

Question is, which full suss for 130mm forks?

I'm thinking a S/H prophet SL or trance or old style heckler? Any others I should considder? Has to be good at the same stuff as the switchback and 456, so everything.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Stumpy?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Or a SH old shape trance. My mate just got a New frame from fleabay for £300 and built it up with pikes. Its over in France with him now to do the mega on. You should be able to pick up one of those frames for about £200.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I'm tempted by the old shape trance, heard good things about them when setup with bigger forks. In fact, might be a good mini version of the reign-x (which i love)

Tried a spesh, didn't like it, couldnt say if it was faster or slower, but it was definately less fun than the maestro setup.

I_Ache
    Free Member

The old trances are supposed to be pretty tough. Ive been thinking about getting one but I could do with a HT more than another FS.

lcj

Second hand – Intense 5.5. Spend another £40 on the offset shock mount kit from BETD to slacken the head angle and lose 0.5" travel, and you'll be dialled for 130mm forks. Probably achievable for less than £500 too.

eviljoe
    Free Member

Just put 130mm fox talas on my old style Trance- totally transforms the ride- do it!

cynic-al
    Free Member

I'd always chose a frame on the basis of the fork length ABOVE ALL OTHER FACTORS.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Which full suss frame for 130mm forks?’ is closed to new replies.