Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Which FS frame and forks? (5/5spot/Fuel/Trance)
  • scunny
    Free Member

Right, i’m looking at replacing my frame and forks for something a bit more ‘fun’.

I started riding MTB again earlier this year after stopping 5 years ago to ride BMX. Currently running a Inbred with f120’s, i love it and plan on chucking all my spares on it for when i feel i’d rather ride HT. I pretty much exclusively ride in the peak, manage just fine with my 1×9 32t set up. Back in my teens i raced NPS DH and never rode a bike up hill, so enjoy the downs much much more than the ups, but in reality these days i go up as much as i do down.

Looking at a 5″+ frame that wont feel like a pig on a climb (in fact it would be a massive bonus if it was actually quite good at climbing), but probably come’s into its own on the descents. I don’t have anything in mind at the minute, i’ve just listed a few in the title that seem to get talked about a fair bit.

In terms of forks, i want to be looking at 140mm ish, right?

What should i consider when i’m looking at Fox 32 140’s or Fox 36 vanilla air or coil?

ruscle
    Free Member

I ride a Yeti ASR-5 with fox 140mm talas, great fun on the way down (I run it softer than they recommend, around 35-40% sag) and loves to climb as well. All the bike I want.

scunny
    Free Member

Oh yeah i forgot, i’ve probably got about £800-1000 for both the frame and fork and anything else i’d need to get it running (post, clamp, headset etc)

ruscle
    Free Member

Save a little more!! You get a CK headset and bottom bracket in with the price of the frame from Free flow bikes, also Yeti supply a salsa seat clamp! Start saving or rape the credit card!

scunny
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a house with my girlfriend, do you know how much stuff i’ve had to do to be allowed to spend £1k on bike bits?

It’ll more than likely be second hand.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I’ve got a ’09 Trance. It’s a great bike and fun on the descents but it’s not a downhill bike. I’m sure you could get something more downhill orientated with more travel that would still climb well.

ruscle
    Free Member

I know where your coming from, I often sneak the purchases in or say they cost half the price!! Shhhh don’t tell her! I’m sure you will get a good bike and forks for that money second hand.

granny_ring

Possibly going to sell my HL 5 spot frame, medium.

Email me if interested

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Which FS frame and forks? (5/5spot/Fuel/Trance)’ is closed to new replies.