Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Which front end for a downhill full suspension fatty?
  • officerfriendly
    Free Member

Right. Thank you Tom, for picking apart every word I said. Really, thank you. I don’t get why you have to be such a dick about it.

@Jameso who doesn’t want to go into orbit? 😀

rickmeister

Here’s one that a manufacturer spent a fair bit of time developing, earlier….

joshvegas
    Free Member

By the time you’ve strapped your crossbow and hunting knife plus your days haul, its going to be a weighty beast no?!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    joshvegas
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Have a look on one of the two 29+/650b+ threads at the moment, someone has a Spesh enduro 29er, with 3″ 650b tyres. OK it’s not 4″, but even at high end spesh prices it’ll be less than the ammount of fabrication you’re talking about.

Right. Thank you Tom, for picking apart every word I said. Really, thank you. I don’t get why you have to be such a dick about it.

You do seem to spend a lot of time on here asking really ‘out there’ questions, then presumably eventualy coming to your senses/reading the responses. Either that or you’re writing this whilst eating your snare caught rabbit on day 100 of your self sufficient fat cargo bike adventure.

You occasionaly come accross a bit:
    http://www.27bslash6.com/p2p2.html

Putting a bit more thought into your questions and acting on the responses might make people keener to contribute constructive advice. If you actualy built that cargo fat bike first, or went on that bivi trip, then people might be more inclined to provide input to your next scheme, otherwise they’re just spending time giving you information for no reason.

tomhoward

officerfriendly
    Free Member

I want a full fat! I’ve figured out how to make the forks, just need to find a frame now. And no, I do not wish to pick apart my Cove (:

You do seem to spend a lot of time on here asking really ‘out there’ questions, then presumably eventualy coming to your senses/reading the responses. Either that or you’re writing this whilst eating your snare caught rabbit on day 100 of your self sufficient fat cargo bike adventure.

Hahaha that’s funny xD But fair enough lol. I’m just asking curious questions! To be honest I’m really suprised you guys actually remembered all the questions I asked so kudos for that! And I am definitely going to go bikepacking sometime! I signed up for DoE as well, so hopefully I’ll find some people to go with and learn how to actually do it all. And I can’t even remember why I wanted a Cargo Fatbike LOL. But one thing is for sure, I am definitely building a downhill fatbike! Best wishes (:

Edit:

Putting a bit more thought into your questions and acting on the responses might make people keener to contribute constructive advice. If you actualy built that cargo fat bike first, or went on that bivi trip, then people might be more inclined to provide input to your next scheme, otherwise they’re just spending time giving you information for no reason.

Okay, good point, I’ll bear that in mind (: I’m sorry if I’ve offended anyone?

bearnecessities

I’m growing fond of Mr Friendly’s posts, from his Nascar Orange 5 for sale to that Cove which just makes me smile and think there is hope for his generation…. and I never tire of seeing that living room!

rickmeister

Salsa Bucksaw is 32lb. Carbon one is approx 300g lighter…

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I’m still trying to work out what you would be carrying to require that rack on your cove.

Can you give us a sort of idea what terrain this Fat DH bike will be used on?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkzJ7CRS89s[/video]
    rampage? It would be the definition of free ride
    Not seeing anything fat out there 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’m sorry if I’ve offended anyone?

No ones offended (I think), that rack on the cove is a bit bonkers though!

More real life bonkersness (with pics or it didn’t happen) and less calling people a dick when they point out the flaws in your bonkers plans.

officerfriendly
    Free Member

It would be the definition of free ride
    Not seeing anything fat out there

HOLY SHIT. That is AMAZING. God, that looks like so much fun. That’s the kinda riding I really want to do!!! Are there any places like that in the UK? I live NW London, but I’m up for travelling! (rack on cove!) That is seriously amazing though. I really want to do some kind of riding. The hilarious thing is, even though I’ve got some pretty decent bikes, I haven’t actually ridden them much at all. I mean that is kinda the point LOL. Most fun I’ve ever had on my bike was in Cornwall, story time? I disassembled my ECR completely to get it to fit in the boot lol, and just went exploring the country in it, which was pretty amazing, it’s beautiful. I went in search of the ocean, it was a couple of miles from where I was, and I asked some locals, and I’m pretty sure they sent me off in the complete opposite direction. The weird thing was they were like 80 and seemed to be dead serious :/ but the beach was west and they told me to go east! I just decided to keep going west, managed to see the ocean in the distance and came across one of those country paths. I followed it down, and man it got steep. Like seriously steep. I started going very, very fast on a blind trail, I couldn’t see what was coming up. It was scary as hell, but incredibly exciting. And then it started to get even steeper, and before I knew it, I was going so fast and I couldn’t even stop because it was so slippery, the only thing I could do was hold on for dear life. I was going at least 30mph, bouncing all over the place on my ECR, it was crazy. Probably the craziest thing I’ve ever done in my life. And boy was it fun. I felt so alive. I was lucky, it didn’t end too badly, it could’ve been waay worse! The whole thing was just huge rocks with overgrown thorns and a stream flowing down. It was almost impossible to walk up because it was so slippery! That’s pretty much the most riding I’ve done though. I really really want to do some freeriding, it looks like insane fun! The coolest thing was though, I finally managed to find the ocean in cornwall, and it was like the most amazing thing I’ve ever seen. I felt like I was on the edge of the world. It was breathtaking!

I’m growing fond of Mr Friendly’s posts, from his Nascar Orange 5 for sale to that Cove which just makes me smile and think there is hope for his generation…. and I never tire of seeing that living room!

Aww thank you! It’s nice to hear something nice! (:

Salsa Bucksaw is 32lb. Carbon one is approx 300g lighter…

What on earth is the point? I really don’t get the point of losing 300g…

I’m still trying to work out what you would be carrying to require that rack on your cove.

Can you give us a sort of idea what terrain this Fat DH bike will be used on?

Me too tbh! I just wanted to be able to go to far out places on it, and still be able to carry like food + water, and my full face helmet (: Well, the whole point is for it to be able to be a freeride bike off the trails. Weird since I haven’t ridden my actual freeride bike yes I know I have an obession with the bikes themselves…But I’m still building it! I’m getting some Monster Ts which I’m going to get crowns and steerer tube machined so that it’s 150mm wide, enough room for a 5″ bud with a 1.5″ steerer tube. It’d be so crazy which is why I’m so desperate to do it! Won’t be cheap though lol

No ones offended (I think), that rack on the cove is a bit bonkers though!
    More real life bonkersness (with pics or it didn’t happen) and less calling people a dick when they point out the flaws in your bonkers plans.

Good (: Yeah, LBS said the same thing but they came round haha! More real life bonkersness? Are you trying to say I should post bonkers stuff I do here with pictures? haha that’s funny, I didn’t really think anyone would actually care hence me just asking questions and not posting any actual content. Most of the stuff I post is met with a lot of uncalled for sarcasm LOL before I’ve even started being silly so I don’t think I want to do that. If I post anything it’d prob be on mtbr. I will deff post my downhill fatty when it’s finished though! (on mtbr) and he was being a bit of dick:

Why not go for the super monster t, what with money, sense and weight seemingly being no object?

troll senses tingling….

I think you may have to vastly expand your definition of ‘alright’

and for the love of god if you don’t want to read this shit nobody is making you!

tomhoward

Not got much homework on tonight then?

and for the love of god if you don’t want to read this shit nobody is making you!

In for a penny, in for a pound.

AlexSimon

Not seeing anything fat out there 😉

Just imagine how much less digging they’d need to do!

jameso

think there is hope for his generation

That’s what I thought on seeing the ECR, it’s great. So great I scanned passed the Cove with a rack on the back. If I wore a hat I’d doff it. Fredism is a good thing and usually takes ~40 years of cycling to achieve, you’re halfway there already 😀

bloodsexmagik
    Free Member

I’m almost 100% sure that this is a fairly obvious troll after that last vivid story, but a little part of me keeps making me read this thread whenever anything is posted…

On the off chance you are serious, go and ride your bike. Take the rack off of it and go and do one of the many first class trail centres in the country, that’ll be a good place to start. After you’ve found out how good biking actually is you’ll probably stop getting notions to build ridiculous looking fatbikes.

bearnecessities

Aww thank you! It’s nice to hear something nice! (:

Woooah, wait a minute, there’s only one other person on here that I’ve seen do back-to-front smiley things….and that’s Cougar.

Nah…it couldn’t be.

Could it?

Either that or you’re a free thinking, reasonably articulate (for your generation 😉 ) nutjob. If that is your living room, or that of a significant other, this option does all tie up.

Or a troll.

I really hope it’s the nutjob. 😀

officerfriendly
    Free Member

I’m almost 100% sure that this is a fairly obvious troll after that last vivid story, but a little part of me keeps making me read this thread whenever anything is posted…

On the off chance you are serious, go and ride your bike. Take the rack off of it and go and do one of the many first class trail centres in the country, that’ll be a good place to start. After you’ve found out how good biking actually is you’ll probably stop getting notions to build ridiculous looking fatbikes.
    Well to be honest, I just had a really cool experience that I thought I’d share. I do realise I do tend to go off a bit, but ah well. It’s hilarious yet quite concerning, the fact that you all keep thinking I’m trolling. Really concerning. It makes me wonder how I come across. I’m not too good at expressing how I feel through the internet, and I guess my enthusiasm probably makes me look a bit nutty! It’s still concerning though! Well I have Thurs and Fri off school, I was thinking of going down to Aston Hill, I’ve heard really good things about it, even though it does look a bit meh. I’ll see how the rack does (: Maybe I’ll see about the Fatbike, but I’m still building it! I figured out what kinda frame I need too, so I guess we can shut this thread down?

That’s what I thought on seeing the ECR, it’s great. So great I scanned passed the Cove with a rack on the back. If I wore a hat I’d doff it. Fredism is a good thing and usually takes ~40 years of cycling to achieve, you’re halfway there already

Haha thanks, I LOVE the ECR, it’s really awesome! And just an fyi, all my bikes I bought/built with my own money (which I earned), which I’m pretty proud of. I mean I’m no spoilt brat. The ECR is awesome! It’s like an earth rover. For roaming the earth! It’s even got a Dynamo, so like fully self sufficient. If you wanted to, you could put 3 1.5l bottles on it, a dozen pack of energy bars in the back military bag (ww2 btw!) and just cycle back to the ends of the earth! (cornwall!) It really is kinda magical. I just want to go back there, and just camp under the stars. It’d be really amazing. I think I should find a girl to go with! I want someone like Lael! I’m talking about Nicholas Carman’s Gypsybytrade blog if anyone doesn’t know what I’m on about, it’s the most amazing blog ever! And he has an ECR 😀 Well it’s pretty much because of him I have one though!
    God, I ramble on! What is Fredism?

Woooah, wait a minute, there’s only one other person on here that I’ve seen do back-to-front smiley things….and that’s Cougar.

Nah…it couldn’t be.

Could it?

Either that or you’re a free thinking, reasonably articulate (for your generation ) nutjob. If that is your living room, or that of a significant other, this option does all tie up.

Or a troll.

I really hope it’s the nutjob.
    Hey man, that kinda hurts okay. I mean I get I come across as a bit nutty but I think that’s just because I can’t express my enthuisiam properly! And jesus christ, the comments on my living room! It’s not even that bad, my mum just likes purple! What really gets me though is how much you guys remember what I say! That’s kinda sweet haha 😀

Edit: why do you all think I’m a nutjob? I’m really curious

Chest_Rockwell
    Free Member

Do the bikes with racks and Brooks saddles fitted belong to your parents? You’d get torn a new one by your peer group if you rode such things, surely?

soobalias
    Free Member

i should be at Aston on Thursday

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Perhaps before creating a mega beast for conquering the great canyon gaps of the south east and riding off the trails (normally a no anyway as you damage the ground) try riding some of the amazing trails in the UK. You have hundreds of miles of bridleways, trail centres everywhere, the likes of Bike Park Wales that would probably suit the cove down to the ground etc.

officerfriendly
    Free Member

Do the bikes with racks and Brooks saddles fitted belong to your parents? You’d get torn a new one by your peer group if you rode such things, surely?

umm I don’t hang around with this lot

i should be at Aston on Thursday

Sorry, I didn’t go to Aston, it’s quite far and I was a bit worried it might be too wet! I did go to Whippendale woods in search of the jumps there (with no luck!) but my Cove is now caked in mud! 😀

Perhaps before creating a mega beast for conquering the great canyon gaps of the south east and riding off the trails (normally a no anyway as you damage the ground) try riding some of the amazing trails in the UK. You have hundreds of miles of bridleways, trail centres everywhere, the likes of Bike Park Wales that would probably suit the cove down to the ground etc.

You’ve got a real good point there! I’m definetely going to try and hit Aston! If you’ve got any reccomendations near NW London, I’d love some (:

And I really think I’m in the complete wrong place here. As in STW. Man I really need to find some people my age to do crazy shit with. And y’all never answered my question!

Stevet1
    Free Member

Oh and I’m not too worried about the money, as long as it comes out alright!
    That must be nice, to have an infinite amount of money at your disposal.

HOLY SHIT. That is AMAZING. God, that looks like so much fun. That’s the kinda riding I really want to do!!!
    You should definitely go there and sign up for the next one

officerfriendly
    Free Member

That must be nice, to have an infinite amount of money at your disposal.

What the **** are you talking about?

You should definitely go there and sign up for the next one

Where is there?

tomhoward

And y’all never answered my question!

Actually I did, twice. But you were so wrapped up in thinking I was ‘being a dick about it’ you failed to notice.

Try bikeradars forum, youll fit in better there. or just stay under your bridge?

officerfriendly
    Free Member

I meant my question about being a nutjob. But yeah just forget it, I got it all worked out now anyway. And dude you were being a dick.

officerfriendly
    Free Member

END THREAD

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Which front end for a downhill full suspension fatty?’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts