Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Which frame am I looking for?
  • pistonbroke
    Free Member

Trying to put a bike together based on a few bits I have lying around to do some offroad trips with luggage. Basically it needs to be sorted for a 140mm travel fork, not flared headtube.Hardtail and 26 inch wheel based. Have slotted dropouts or EBB for an Alfine 11 Hub when they ever materialise, rack mounts and be about 19 or 20 inch seat tube, 27.2mm dia. Disc mount, Aluminium or steel doesn’t matter as long it is reasonably light, and under about £500. Any thoughts and pictures would be gratefully received

sambob
    Free Member

2nd hand EBB Chameleon? Not sure about seatpost diameter though.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Read my mind, thought I dropped on a bargain at Edinburgh Bicycles , new large Chameleon for £299 but it turned out to be a 2006 frame with no EBB and rather tatty paint, looked far from new IMO. Would even have put up with the horrible green color it was painted. Seat tube dia is 30.9 on these as well.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Slot dropout Inbred nearly fits the bill, only the fork travel to consider … saying that, I’m sure there’s plenty out there running a 140mm fork (taking into account axle to crown height rather than travel).

Rack mounts – yes
    27.2 seat post – yes
    Accept Alfine – yes
    Lightish – nearly
    Size required – think so
    26″ wheels – yes
    Normal 1 1/8 headtube – yes
    Disc mounts – yes
    Forks – reckon you’d swing it 😉

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Ta Stuart, having done a fair amount of looking due to layoff following knee surgery, I keep coming back to On One, I suppose I’m looking for something a bit more burly as the septics say.

(septic tank = yank)

skinnysteel
    Free Member

P7?

richen987
    Free Member

sounds exactly like a P7 to be honest

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Which frame am I looking for?’ is closed to new replies.