Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Which forks to replace my u-turn Sektors?
  • _tom_
    Free Member

I’ve had some Sektors for a while now and tbh I don’t really get on with them for the style of riding my bike is built for – it’s a Charge Blender which I use mostly for DJ and general messing about in the woods riding (is that called “trail” these days?) but also DH when I don’t fancy my full sus. I really don’t like how the Sektors feel, they sit in their first 10-20mm of travel too easily and just don’t feel very good for whatever reason. The best way I could describe their feel is “vague”. On my old Blender I used to use some Pike 454 dual airs which were loads better, so I’m tempted to just buy an old set of those.

I don’t need the u-turn but it seems hard to find a set of strong forks with 120mm travel which is where the Blender feels best to me. Any suggestions?

Thinking maybe Argyles as that’s what the Blender used to come with, I’d prefer slightly more travel though but if they feel good..

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Im just servicing a mint pair of 454 air pikes to sell (subject to my mate not wanting them)

_tom_
    Free Member

Well I’m definitely interested if your mate doesn’t want them, email is in my profile if you have any pics 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wysiwyg
    Free Member

Theyre in the component part state atm. Stanchions unmarked, bushes look wear free too, previously J-tech serviced before I pulled them apart. White lowers, 200mm ish steerer

honourablegeorge

What damper is in your Sektor? It’s easy enough to put a better one in

_tom_
    Free Member

No idea and tbh I don’t think I can be arsed to mess around with it, doesn’t seem worth it when I can sell it on probably for what I bought it for then just buy what I know is good (pike) for the same or less!

monkeyninja
    Free Member

I have a set of sektors used them on my meta 4x and now with a stanton slackline for pretty much the same riding you describe. I swapped the rebound for the dual flow from a set of revelations and it transformed them. Also got a heavier spring as they used to sit to far in their travel. These are 2 really easy mods now I basically have a coil revelation and its a real good fork! The upgrade is simple email loco before you sell them he’ll tell you how to do it.

carlphillips
    Free Member

just modded my sektors, I like them now….

_tom_
    Free Member

hmm ok then, didn’t realist it’d make that much difference! Maybe I could give it a go then. Is it pretty easy to do?

cp

the damper is the difference between Sektor and Revelation (and the Pike just has a different older chassis).

I’d ask loco for a price for a nicer damper for your Sektors 🙂

warpcow
    Free Member

I had an air Pike 454 and now a solo-air Sektor. The Sektor was very ‘meh’ at first – not enough of a difference, and not as stiff or supportive it felt like – but then I added a dual-flow rebound assembly and a Rev. RLT cartridge (not really necessary, perhaps). It’s a better fork all-round now. The Rev. dampers really make a difference in how supple, yet supportive, it can be.

monkeyninja
    Free Member

Speak to loco he will supply all the bits and tell you how to do it. I followed the online lower leg service instructions and it was easy enough to do. Once the lower legs are off you undo a circlip and the rebound cartridge pops out and just put the new one in and reinstall the circlip job done. You need to transfer the small spring over to the new rebound aswell.

_tom_
    Free Member

Cheers, sounds promising then! I’ll look into it when I have a bit more spare cash, roughly how much are all the parts?

monkeyninja
    Free Member

The rebound was 70 and the firm spring was 40… but that was a few years ago!

freeridenick
    Free Member

Got the dual flow in mine, way better than pikes…

SammyC
    Free Member

Tom, got loco to stick the dual flow in my old Pikes. Really really made a huge difference. Stiff and tracks well.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Which forks to replace my u-turn Sektors?’ is closed to new replies.