Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Which forks are the best? XFusion sweep or Suntour Aion?
  • weeksy

With a few fork swaps and changes I have at the moment, I’ll have the option of 130mm Suntour Aion, which were standard on the Whyte t130sx or XFusion Sweeps which I’ll set to 130/140mm depending on whether they’re 10mm or 20mm incremental adjusters.
    1 set will go on the Whyte and the other either on the Parkwood with 27.5 wheels, or will be sold.

leegee

Do the sweeps have the roughcut damper? I love mine.
    Can be adjusted in 10mm increments

kayla1
    Free Member

It depends on the damper, the internals (spring side) of both forks are very* similar. The Suntour RC2 damper is very good.

* Like separated-at-birth similar, to the point I bet you could build up the X-Fusions with Suntour internals…

kayla1
    Free Member

I think the roughcut damper is high/low compression and rebound, isn’t it? The X-Fusions might be a smidge lighter but they’re basically the same fork.

martinhutch

Those are rl2 not roughcut. Check rose bikes as they did have some new for240 quid

weeksy

They don’t have them still, or I’d have bought them.

martinhutch

Ah yes. All gone now. Sorry.

weeksy

No need to apologise buddy. It’s all good.

austy
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of x fusion metrics, albeit a different fork to what you’re after but they pride themselves on all metal parts of plastic which should make them more reliable not hacked any issues with mine.

weeksy

Thanks.

I’m not ‘after’ them, I bought that set above and they’ll arrive tomorrow. Just debating which forks in which bikes.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Which forks are the best? XFusion sweep or Suntour Aion?’ is closed to new replies.