Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Which fork – RockShox Lyrik Solo Air or Fox 36 Float R?
  • Mintyjim

Hi,
    Really not sure which forkls to go for. All I want is 160mm of hassle free travel, fit and forget.
    What are people’s experiences of these forks – I’m looking at the 2009 model if that helps?
    Cheers
    James

neil853
    Free Member

mate i have a pair of ’08 lyric 2 steps and i have had any both at all in 7 months? i keep my bike clean if that makes any difference ha ha but i have litterally had trouble free riding and the performance has been mind blowing. the travel adjustment is useful on mine but not essential

barney
    Free Member

i have had any both at all in 7 months?

Come again?

neil853
    Free Member

any bother at all ha ha

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

I’ve been running a fox 36 float rc2 for the last year – amazing performance just eats everything on the trail and nice to be able to tweak the low and high compression damping
    Just about to have it serviced for the first time not through anything going wrong mind, just to keep it working at its fullest potential – they look the dogs as well.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Either are a fine choice IMO – there are a few good deals on Lyriks around so that might influence your choice.

I’ve had both and currently have the Lyriks. In stock form, the Lyriks have the edge simply because you can tune high/low compression yourself, whereas with the Float Rs you can’t. Add another £70 to the Float R price for Mojo to tune them and they will equal and perhaps outperform the Lyrik. Of course having the dials to tune yourself may also be a negative point as more dials = more complexity and more stuff to go wrong.

The Lyriks are really easy to service but I don’t know about the Floats.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Which fork – RockShox Lyrik Solo Air or Fox 36 Float R?’ is closed to new replies.