Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Which fitted wardrobes? Not Sharps!
  • gobuchul
    Free Member

Looking for some recommendations for fitted wardrobes.

Not wanting to go through the pain of dealing with Sharps and the like. Anywhere that doesn’t have an upfront price list is out.

IKEA have quite a neat looking system and Screwfix sell the doors and sliding systems.

Anyone had either?

petec
    Free Member

may not be the answer you’re after, but we looked at this recently – had all the usual suspects around. Had the usual ‘discounts’ applied.

Still came out a lot more expensive than getting a local chippy knock something up. And of course with a local lad, the after sales is slightly better than one of the bigger chains 😆

somouk
    Free Member

I’m going down the route of getting a set from Ikea and then just putting a fillet around them to make them look fitted.

jimdubleyou

Our Ikea wardrobes are almost floor to ceiling (about a 2 cm gap). Good quality & quite configurable with all the extra bits they sell.

I’d go with what somouk is doing (or getting a chippy to do it) if you want them to look “fitted”.

Sundayjumper

We went through this a couple of years ago. Wife insisted on talking to some of the big companies. On one occasion I walked out of the room while the sales ****t was talking because he was just unbearable. Another argued with me claiming what I wanted couldn’t be done. Until I explained to him how to do it and then he agreed with me.

None of them truly did fitted wardrobes. They had a selection of standard carcasses and would cut blanks to fill any gaps.

In the end we went custom made, a cabinet maker who’d done some work for my brother. Similar price overall but everything was made exactly to our dimensions, exactly to our requirements. Nothing is a standard size. No up front price list, of course, but we were able to give him a budget and he adjusted the spec to suit.

We are very happy with the results.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Get a joiner in to do. them. You’ll get exactly what you want, cheaper than Shonky Sharps

Rich_s

We just got a wardrobe fitted in one of the kid’s rooms. Our builder/joiner bloke got kitchen units from benchmarx (trade only) and we arranged internal fittings to match what we wanted.
    Not cheap (are any wardrobes?), but very robust and you can fit plenty of different options inside, and it’s all standard kitchen size. And he can have a pull out spice rack in his bedroom if he wants 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Which fitted wardrobes? Not Sharps!’ is closed to new replies.