Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Which FibreOptic broadband and mobile provider?
  • Olly
    Free Member

Afternoon all!

My Da’ has just rung and asked me to “sort out” a fibre broadband line for him. Apparently the cabinet has been setup by BT this past month.

I myself:

a) Am on virgin, which he cant get at.
    b) have developed a hatred for computers before my years and dont bother to keep up with how it all works these days.

In an ideal scenario, he would want a Fibre line, a Telephone line, and a Mobile phone package, all from one provider.

Does anyone (other than virgin) even do that anymore?
    Do you still have to pay line rental to the Infrastructure side of BT?

Any reccomendations or any big avoids?

I always thought BT direct would be the cheapest way of doing it (as they have to sub out their hardware to all the others?) but maybe not.
    Do BT themselves provide mobiles these days?

Any comments greatfully recieved!

Cheers

O

samuri
    Free Member

Why does he want fibre? That’d be my first question. Since here in Blightly you can get fibre from only Virgin and BT, his only choice is BT. If there’s some driving factor to why he wants fibre then it’s a fairly simple process for you from this point on.

If he thinks he needs fibre but after a discussion with him you find out standard broadband will do, you can pretty much choose from any of the providers who give broadband, mobile and telephone.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Which FibreOptic broadband and mobile provider?’ is closed to new replies.