Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Which evening to you tend to ride on? And why?
  • binners

Just wondered, like?

For some reason we always end up riding on a Thursday. I have absolutely no idea why or how this became established. But for years now, tonight’s been the night to disappear into them thar hills. Its the law.

There can be impromptu solo or smaller, satellite-group rides on other nights, but Thursday is always the ‘proper’ outing.

It is actually quite nice to get back to the pub at the end for a couple of beers and know its Friday tomorrow 🙂

Am I right in thinking a lot of other people tend to favour a Thursday too? Any reason? I’m just interested* to know what everyone else does? Regular night? Or utterly random?

*nosy bastard! 😀

bagpuss72
    Free Member

It’s your favourite night now as you can come and watch me and the girls belly-dancing as you ride down the steps of doooooooooooooooooom!!!!!

scaredypants

Wed normally but has been quite variable

May be switching to regular Tuesday if one of our other mates joins in regular
    All driven by our wives/children (work, gym, brownies, swimming, karate, … 🙄 )

docrobster
    Free Member

It depends:
    Kids activities rules out Mondays Fridays and some Tuesdays
    Finish work too late on Wednesdays and some Thursdays
    Wife’s activities sometimes on various nights
    Ride buddy’s not always available for similar reasons.
    I think I’m next free on a Tuesday in 2013!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

depends on my mood

binners

Belly-dancing will indeed be a novel, but welcome addition to our night riding itinerary dear

curlie467
    Free Member

Mondays and wednesdays.

woody2000

Monday’s have always (well, since 2003) been “club” night.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

All of them generally. I think I didnt ride tuesday night this week though.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Thursday is law, and Tuesdays are almost there! Sundays are allways allowed, as long as I don’t organise them!!

lowey

There’s belly dancing now ??

Why wasn’t I informed earlier.

BigJohn

Thursdays for the group ride. Because it’s tonight!

binners

Thats because its the inaugural belly dancing evening tonight. You’re welcome to join us. 7 o clock start mate, finishing on the steps of doom, before a pint and watch the girls shaking their bits

Sometimes life is hell 😀

forzafkawi
    Free Member

Weekend, Tuesday and Thursday.

ski
    Free Member

Well I ride most days, but group wise, Wednesday is the night for us, no real reason why Wednesday, just the day most are free to ride.

ski
    Free Member

Well I say ride, its become more of a beer, pub crawl recently 😉

binners

We went through a phase of that. Thursday was traveling further afield and ‘proper’ riding. Tuesday, however, became a local, two-wheeled drinkathon.

I think that may be something we need to look at ressurecting 😀

ski
    Free Member

Good training for SSUK 😉

neninja
    Free Member

Wednesday and Sunday are the evenings when I often ride with friends but I ride several evenings on my own locally aswell. Usually ride at least 4 evenings a week after the kids are in bed.

yunki
    Free Member

Belly-dancing will indeed be a novel navel, but welcome addition to our night riding itinerary dear

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Which evening to you tend to ride on? And why?’ is closed to new replies.