Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • which energy bars – from Zip Vit?
  • singletracksurfer

have you tried any – gel or bar & added caffine or not?

thanks.

finbar
    Free Member

Gels = rank (too big, too goopy); chocolate coated energy bars = yum

beej

Caffiene gel – tasted like someone had taken a dump in my mouth.
    Strawberry bar coated in something – quite nice.
    Choc/Orange recovery bar – also quite nice.

Bars were tasty, but had a bit too much fat in for me, compared to torq stuff.

DezB
    Free Member

Prefer Mule bars meself. (Apart from the mango one)
    Found the Zipvit bars a bit too sweet.

EDIT – noticed on Zipvit's website that you can still order the "free" starter pack, just for £3.99 postage. Worth it to try them and get a free bottle etc.

Rastapopolous
    Free Member

Zipvit energy gels are too viscous for my liking and are liable to make me boak. The "Natural Orange" flavour is anything but natural – tasted more like a Terry's chocolate orange that someone had sh@t on.

Zipvit's other stuff like their drinks and bars are more palatable though.

woody2000

As above – the Zipvit caffeine gel is to be avoided, VERY unpleasant taste 😕

cp

i had a sample pack – the gel was ming (texture and weird not-very-blackcurrant-like flavour) and looked like sperm, but the recovery and energy bars were ok. the energy drink powder was also ming in lemon flavour, quite nice in fruit punch.

NikNak7890
    Free Member

The Energy Plus, uncoated chocolate bars are lovely – they taste like chocolatey Malt loaf! 😀

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

the "energy" bit is misleading. For practical purposes when cycling, carbs are what you need, and they are all converted to glucose in your stomach before absorbtion, the only difference between the varieties being the speed at which this happens – and in most cases, unless this is quite quickly it'll only happen after you've finished – so the only remaining factor is palatability – if it doesn't taste/feel nice you won't want to eat it…

chakaping
    Free Member

Didn't use the gel yet, but the rest was quite palatable.

Apart from the chocolate recovery drink – which was one of the most revolting things I have ever tried to drink.

timraven

Tried the 'free' pack stuff at 24/12 the bars were fine chocolate one very nice. Caffeine gel really nasty, only kept it down because i was in front of the campsite.

Still not convinced any of them work better than a handful of Haribo 😈

singletracksurfer

hmmm – was tempted by an offer but maybe i'll stick to my boring bananas, malt loaf, dried fruit & nuts (and choccy bar near finish).

had a gel once and I did gag. nasty stuff. felt sorry for my wife ever since… 😉

might try one of the drinks instead then

colnagokid

Found the gel( from the free box set thing) a bit too much in volume and viscousness(is that a word?), bars were very good- and would buy some, drinks were awful. bottles handy.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘which energy bars – from Zip Vit?’ is closed to new replies.