Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Which Enduro Hardtail?
  • DAVE66
    Free Member

Which hardtails are people racing enduros on at the moment?
    I’m keen to race this year and looking to spend £700ish, so a bit of a consensus from people who ride them would be handy.

cheers

sofatester
    Free Member

It’s doesn’t matter what others are riding, make sure what you get is comfy for you! Otherwise you’re in for a world of pain 😈

The second thing is reliability; get a standard geometry Aluminium frame nothing fancy. Also make sure there are no weak points in the spec, look for getting something with a full LX group set and a 100mm air spring fork. The rest of the finishing kit should be basic but workmanlike. Merlin cycles do some good custom builds for your budget – Clicky

After that it’s down to the organic blob sitting on it. Start getting the miles in and good luck. 😀

DAVE66
    Free Member

I do ride plenty at the moment and did the Cheshire Cat road 100 last year but haven’t done any off-road event for probably 18 years.
    I’ve been riding a Pitch for the last year which is a great bike but that only does what it’s designed for (very well thought!)

Thanks for the comment, the comfort point is spot on, the only pain you feel should be in the heart lungs and legs!

neil853
    Free Member

Look at something from merlin, if you can stretch to it look at the 853 rock lobster, i’ve got one and its fantastic, plus the frame will last you forever being steel!

Jezkidd
    Free Member

Also some good stuff from Boardman at Halfords

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

personally i find my orange crush very comfy and it can handle anything. you can pick up 08 ones for not much cash too i think.

ive done plenty of 30ish mile rides with no pains at all (apart from my knackeredness obviously!)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Which Enduro Hardtail?’ is closed to new replies.