Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Which enduring style lid with removable chin guard?
  • markoc1984

I need some help…

After a rather pathetic crash at the weekend resulted in me face planting into a rock and doing this to my face:

16 stitches later I want to get one of those helmets that have the removable chin guard.

I was hoping to win the Bell Super 3r in the STW Advent Giveaway yesterday, but as some other lucky guy won it I will have to purchase it with my own hard earned cash.

I currently have a TLD A1 and find that really comfortable so I have been looking round the internet at the different options for the helmets with the removable chin guard but have found few reviews from people using them day to day.

TL:DR
    So can anyone recommend me from personal use one of these helmets with a removable chin guard so that I can avoid injuries like this in future.

Thanks

BoardinBob

Super 2s are dirt cheap as they clear stock for the 3.

I’ve used mine for a couple of years. Haven’t used it in anger but it’s been as good as helmet can be without bashing my head

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

bell is good – well vented, comfy, reasonably protection, not too claustrophobic. clips can be pretty tight though and the ends of them are harder to access with thick gloves on, bit mushroom-like if your head isn’t a snug fit with the adjuster wound all the way out.

giro switchblade is just as comfy, well vented for a helmet which actually provides DH level protection. chin guard easy to get on and off with gloves on. getting it over the ears needs a bit of a tug and can pull on them. chin strap a bit more fiddly to use, and moto looks are a bit marmite

i prefer the giro all in all.

xanboy
    Free Member

I’ve got. Lazer Revolution, its proper comfy and I like the extra long peak you get when buy the chin guard.

prawny

I tried on one of the Lazer helmets that they’ve just released the chin bar for in a shop the other week, it was unbelievably comfortable, I’ve never tried on a helmet like it.

Not tried it with the chin bar on though, and they look a bit goofy.

Edit – Great minds Xanboy!

markoc1984

Thanks for the comments guys, I think I will go and try on the bell helmets as the giro looks a bit too Moto and the laser looks to complicated for attaching the chin guard.

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

Also consider the MET parachute (is it?). Not tried them but a couple of friends trail ride in them and seem to love them. CRC were selling some off a few weeks ago – good price – horrible colours.

chakaping
    Free Member

The Parachute’s pretty good – but the chinguard doesn’t detach.

Airy enough to pedal round in anyway though, as long as you’re not going full gas uphill.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Which enduring style lid with removable chin guard?’ is closed to new replies.