• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by jruk.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Which Elbow pads should I buy?
  • patriotpro
    Free Member

in particular, which ones don’t make you look like you’re carrying a carpet under your arms and do NOT have to be utched back up your arm every 2 minutes..

oldeh
    Free Member

I have the race face indy pads. they are comfy and don’t move around. they are d30 so might not be up to full on DH but good for when you are pushing a bit harder than usual

submarined
    Free Member

Similar predicament. I’m going TLD 5550 or RF Ambush.

mark90
    Free Member

Ones that fit.

I tried a few different ones with CRC’s free returns. Ended up with IXS Flows and Bliss Minimalist.

The TLD pads were nice but didn’t fit my manly forearms

oldtalent
    Free Member

My 661 evo 3d0 had both these undesirable traits. My brand new ixs carves have neither. So good i plan to get the kneepads as well.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

I tried loads on and settled on the fox launch enduro elbow pads. as soft pads they’ll only stop gravel rash and cuts, but only use them in the alps / uplifts day uplifts where a messed up elbow might leads to a loss of riding. nice and comfy all day, no slippage, don’t pinch or bunch up on the inside of your elbow and low profile enough to fit under a jersey without looking like Popeye.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Bliss ones are nice. Nicer than the POC ones I got too. Just fit better, less cumbersome (for same style of pad)

patriotpro
    Free Member

Ones that fit.

Been there done that. The flaw being that you can’t return once used which is the only way to see if they fit.

davosaurusrex

I would only wear them on uplift days where I find they make arm pump worse and therefore more likely to crash so I don’t bother with them. I appreciate that might not be helpful but thought I’d mention it

patriotpro
    Free Member

My 661 evo 3d0 had both these undesirable traits

Glad i posed the question now as i’ve been eyeing these. (which probably explains why they are cheap too)

patagonian
    Free Member

I went to the Evans warehouse and tried them all on, came away with Fox Launch. Once I’m on the bike I don’t even know I’m wearing them and they are slim enough to go inside my jacket sleeves.

jruk
    Free Member

My 661 evo 3d0 had both these undesirable traits

Whereas mine are great for me. It’s such a personal thing that the only real option is to try a few pairs. Can you borrow some?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Which Elbow pads should I buy?’ is closed to new replies.