Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Which easy-swap road mudguards?
  • Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

I need some mudguards for my Cannondale Synapse* which has eyelets for the real thing, but in anticipation of a summer like last, I want something that’s easy(ish) to take on & off as the rain dictates. Obviously, I’d like to minimise the gopping effect of these offensive yet necessary items as much as possible.

I’d pick Crud Road Racers for the aesthetics, but people say they can be a faff to fit so they don’t sound like an easy-swap option. SKS Raceblade (long) seem like they might fit the bill and are about as ugly as i can bear. I know that neither of these use the eyelets…anything else that i should consider?

Ta,
    R

*first road bike, collected on Sunday but not ridden yet due to the inclement weather. Gagging to get out on it!

franksinatra

If they are a faff to fit then they work well. easy to fit mean they are rubbish. IME if course.

jackthedog
    Free Member

Full proper mudguards, once initially (and properly) set up, aren’t actually that difficult to remove or refit. Considering how much better they are at performing as mudguards, and how unobtrusive they actually are if fitted well, I’d go with them every time.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

I thought the SKS Raceblades offered easy removal (quick release clips) and secure fitting…no? **** it, will probably just get some and find out for myself!

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

F.e.c.k is a swear-word now, is it?! Tell that to the Irish priests…ya uptight bunch, STW!!!

frazered
    Free Member

Raceblade XLs are the quickest and easiest to fit and take off – they simply clamp on with rubber ties, you don’t have to worry about clearance much either as they do not fit under frame – i have some now after trying the p35 flavour.

i tried the raceblade p35’s not that straightforward to fit as first thought, you need to trim the stays down a touch and you need to be careful with clearance, e.g. if you have 25mm tyres

FuzzyWuzzy

Raceblades, Raceblade XL’s and ever Crud RR’s do very little to stop spray hitting people behind you – if that’s not a concern then just get an asssaver for the saddle. If you are on club runs and not a selfish prick (like half the people on club runs I go on :p ) then Raceblade Longs are probably as good as you’ll find. Once they’ve been fitted the first time (need to remove the calipers) they’re pretty easy to remove/fit after as you leave the caliper bit in place and just unclip them from it, you then just need to unclip them from the mounting at the QR’s – takes about 10 seconds to remove and same again to fit.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Which easy-swap road mudguards?’ is closed to new replies.