Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Which dropper post do I want ?
  • renton
    Free Member

There are too many to chose from.

I need 30.9.

125mm drop.

Preferably remote cable operation.

Not sure about stealth or not. My frame can take it but its a pain routing it.

If I go non stealth I would prefer the cable fixed at the collar.

What would you recommend and where would you get it from.

Cheers

Steve

bikeneil
    Free Member

KS Lev DX

[/endofthread]

jam-bo

I have a lev on one bike and a reverb on the other. I should have got second lev.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I have a Lev Integra. Installation was pretty easy.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

KS Lev.

Northwind

Lev or Reverb I reckon. I regret getting my Reverb, the lever’s terrible. But other folks don’t like the Lev’s lever (I think it’s great). Both good products though

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Well I’ve just ordered a 125mm reverb for £165 from bike discount .de

They also have the new 150mm jobbie (only available in stealth) for a very good price indeed.

Do that 🙂

renton
    Free Member

Where is cheapest to place to buy please.

euain

Thomson – get the covert (their equivalent of stealth) as you have routing for it and the cable is going to be simpler to set up than hydraulic (I would have thought, I have not set up either a Reverb Stealth or a Thomson Covert – but this is STW after all) .

bomberman
    Free Member

Another one for KS here. I use an eTEN which has 100mm rise, which is fine for me. The main reason i got it was because it has as much layback as my Thomson so it gives me more room in the cockpit. It’s stealth black, only cost me £125 and works brilliantly.

renton
    Free Member

I should also add I need layback rather than inline.

bomberman
    Free Member

Then the KS eTEN is your friend 😀

EDIT: sorry, just seen you need 125mm rise. Are you sure though? 100mm is more than enough to get the saddle out of the way for me. Could be worth checking minimum insertion level and all that crap though.

OrangeOrganic
    Free Member

There’s a confusing selection of KS Lev on bike-discount… even if I know the diameter and length, there are still a number of choices which are hard to differentiate from one another. Anyone offer some clarity?!

Northwind

It’s not so much that my mate’s Thomson’s been unreliable- it has been, a bit, but not terribly. It’s more that every time it goes wrong they go “Oh yeah, we know what that is, they’ll do that”. Not that reassuring really…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Which dropper post do I want ?’ is closed to new replies.