Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Which dropper for 2012 Giant Anthem?
  • asgath
    Free Member

I’m finally planning on upgrading my weary 2012 Giant Anthem X4 with the addition of a dropper. Want to make sure I get the right thing.

Been eyeing up the Raleigh Rsp plummet as it drops for about £85, comes in 30.9mm and has external routing. Because of the odd seat tube shape I think I’m pretty much limited to 100mm or 125mm travel – I don’t know if I really need much more than that anyway. Has anyone had a similar experience and know better?
    Big question is if I upped my budget to say £150 or even £200 at a push am I likely to that much more bang for my buck, and if so what should I be looking at?
    The Reverb is my first obvious choice as an alternative!

40mpg

I’ve got a Giant Contact Switch which has been reliable for about 3 years and I think is in your budget. Does the job no fuss and will be right seat post size!

wildc4rd
    Free Member

I fitted the KS Lev to my X1 from 2012, if you go 1×10 as well, the front derailleur cable mounts are perfect to pick up the external cable.

richardthird

^ that is VERY neat 😀

No probs from my 4yo Reverb 125 and 1×10 on my 2012 X2. But the hose pisses me off a bit and I’ve just bought a KS for another bike so yeah, go for that above.

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Bear in mind that your stock seatpost probably has about an inch of setback and most droppers are inline, so that’ll shorten your seated reach significantly.

asgath
    Free Member

^I’ll bear that in mind Idiotdogbrain. I don’t think it’ll be too much of an issue.

Hadn’t considered the Giant, but I’m slowly moving towards it as a nice middle ground, but a chunk lighter than the Plummet and hopefully good quality.

Thanks for the excellent advise, doots.

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

^I’ll bear that in mind Idiotdogbrain. I don’t think it’ll be too much of an issue.

Sure? Going from a setback to inline seatpost is the same as going from a large to a medium frame in terms of ETT…

sirromj

I’ve been using my RSP Plummet for almost a week more or less daily. I didn’t want to spend any more on old bike. Ordered the 100mm drop but it seems to be a bit more than that. Perfect for my frame as would be too high with any more drop than that.

There’s a little rotational play in the saddle but I won’t cry about it. The lever is very cheap but again, I really don’t care.

Oh and I found going from setback to inline post actually to be an improvement.

Try COFFEE10 code in Tredz for £10 off.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Which dropper for 2012 Giant Anthem?’ is closed to new replies.