Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Which doner bike for a full suspension fatty?
  • officerfriendly
    Free Member

I’m sorry that I’ve made so many threads! I’m a bit confused, but just working things out as you can see! I was wondering what the ideal doner bike would be for a full suspension fatbike? Aluminium is apparently very hard to weld so that’s not an option, so the bike or rear end will have to be chromoly, but I can’t build one from scratch, probably only extend leaving the only option a steel (chromoly) full suspension fatbike to extend. Anyone got any ideas on what the ideal bike to extend would be? I’ve been looking at a 24/7 dark angel which I had before, one tank of a thing, full chromoly but I sold out 🙁 Can’t seem to find another…

Edit: Just realised I’ve an old Orange Five frame lying around…That could work if I built a new backend somehow?

northernmatt

If it’s a doner bike it’ll already be quite fatty.

I’ll get my coat.

portlyone

Would you only ride it after a night on the beers?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Surely it’d be pitta to chop up a perfectly good bike

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bregante

Shish there’s some sarcy sods on ere.

scaredypants

c’mon you lot – don’t get all up in the OP’s grill

cynic-al
    Free Member

Old low end Marins had a steel back end, that’s what I used, it was very flexy. I still have it, I need to flog it. Not sure what else there is with a steel back end.

pics on my flickr feed in my profile.

I have a alu Marin project which was shelved but I have now some energy for.

officerfriendly
    Free Member

Tell me about it Bregante! Thank you scaredypants 🙂 and Pieto that was my inspiration! It’s amazing! But way, way, way beyond my skill level. I’ve emailed you Cynic-Al if it’s already setup for fat tyres I’ll take it!!! 😀

andyl
    Free Member

turners?

doof_doof
    Free Member

Surely it’d be pitty to chop up a perfectly good bike

It’s ok, looks like he might use an Orange.

bigrich

I thought the point of fat bikes was the three inches of hilariously undamped travel from the big tyres?

tomhoward

Salsa bucksaw?

tazzymtb

If you have a look on mtbr old turners vould be mafe into fs fatties quite easily snd ive alo seen it done with an old maverick ml

rickmeister

One is a professionally built, well researched and tested bike, the other is a Santa Cruz..

the spoons are in the top drawer…

officerfriendly
    Free Member

Well one costs £100 (frame) and the other probably about £1500-2000 for the frame.. But if the salsa Bucksaw is coming out in just december…and is the same price as the current salsa full suspensions….

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Which doner bike for a full suspension fatty?’ is closed to new replies.