Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Which Docking Station ?
  • RichJJ
    Free Member

My 11 year old bought himself an Ipod touch(4g) with birthday and christmas money and is now saving up for a Docking station. He has a budget of about £50 and just wants speakers/charging with the option of also being battery operated for camping trips. Any suggestions as to what to get or to avoid ?

CountZero
    P20

I’ve got logitech mm50. Great sound, 10hr rechargeable battery built in. A quick search on google reveals you should be able to get them on your budget

Dibbs
    Free Member

The Sony won’t run on batteries.

RichJJ
    Free Member

Looking for longer than 10 hour battery for his camping trips, the Sony is only battery backup from what I can see so that would rule that one out.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

My tip? Unless he wants/needs clock radio when away from wifi, do without. There are plenty of apps for the iPod for (internet) radio and clocks, so you should get better quality for your money without.

Check out Logitech. I had quite a neat one some years back that folded flat and took AA batteries (as well as mains if/when needed). Couldn’t tell you how long they lasted tho’

rewski
    Free Member

Westhumble?

Oops! Sorry I thought you meant which Dorking Station 😳

unovolo
    Free Member

My daughter has one of these Philips stereo with Ipod dock built in for her Ipod Touch

Can run off either mains adaptor or 6xBatteries.
    Its not a Ipod dock as such more of a Personal stereo as it does have a CD player as well.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003J36GMG/ref=asc_df_B003J36GMG2381727?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B003J36GMG

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Which Docking Station ?’ is closed to new replies.